cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Profit center of Material Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP

I have made a outbond delivery with movement 601 and corresponding material document is being created with accounting entries. but here profit center got wrong and when I am changing profit center through SAP Edit (Changed in MSEG,LIKP,BSEG).

But the the MIGO Display and MB5B report are showing the earlier profit center.

How and where we can change the profit center so that it gets corrected

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am changing profit center through SAP Edit

This is one of the crooked ways, using which one can make changes in the system. I don't favor this way. Coming to the issue, depending on settings in t.code OMJJ for the movement type, here 601, if profit center entry is made as required, then the profit center will be pulled from material master. So can you check by changing the profit center in the material master?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva

Thank u for ur kind reply,but the problem is still unresolved.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume the change of profit center at this time, will not have any impact on the material document as the change date is effective today and the material document creation date was in the past. I am not sure whether any other function module or programs can help you with this, but recommend you to post the question in Materials Management forum after closing this thread.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you use standard transaction 9KE0 to move the dollars from the incorrect profit center to the correct one?

Editing the standard SAP fields is very dangerous. You could seriously harm the database and WILL no doubt invalidate any warranty you have with SAP.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

As per standards, you can't change account assignment for a document after you have posted the material document. It is advised to reverse the material document and then do the neccessary corrections in the preceeding documents and then post the material document again. So, even though you have changed same may not help.

If you still want further information, consult FICO consultant on this.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP

Thanking you for your swift reply, But I am doing the same on Dummy Server and willing to know...is it possible to do so.....