cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDGF Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI-

We are implementing SAP MDGF for Finance Master Data. I need some help to understand MDGF features:-

1. Is there a standard UI for GL Accounts?

2. Can we customize the Standard UI?

3. Does customization needs development effort or only Configuration

4. By default all ECC validations will be called on the UI?

5. How to add additional validation rules?

6. Can a single MDGF be implemented to maintain master data in multiple ECC systems in the organization. ie., we have 3 ECC systems, each of one branch of business. Instead of consolidating the data can we implement single MDGF governance process on top of all these ECC systems.

7. How to use ECC number ranges? need to call any ECC programs or by default it is configured?

I though of asking all my doubts at once, instead of loop of mails.

Thanks,

Farah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jessie_you
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Please see my answer below.

1. Is there a standard UI for GL Accounts?

-- Yes, you can set MDG_0G_FINANCIALS as the UI configuration for data model 0G by clicking "Change Model" on the single processing UI.

2. Can we customize the Standard UI?

-- Yes, you can. But I suggest to copy the predelivered UI, and do customized development based on it.

3. Does customization needs development effort or only Configuration

-- It needs some development.

4. By default all ECC validations will be called on the UI?

-- The ECC validations are not called into MDGF if MDGF has different instance from the ECC instance. But since MDGF is delivered in ECC6.0 EhP5, technically MDGF is always staying in a full ECC enviroment. It is recommended to have financial customizing also in the MDGF instance, not only for validation but also for F4 help (like business area). The validation can also be customized.

5. How to add additional validation rules?

-- If you want to define BRF+ validation, you can go to Master Data Governance -> General Settings -> Data Quality and Search -> Define Validation and Derivation Rules.

If you want to define validation via BAdI, please use SE18 as usual. Then go to Master Data Governance -> General Settings -> Data Quality and Search -> BAdI: Define Validations/Derivations to activate it.

6. Can a single MDGF be implemented to maintain master data in multiple ECC systems in the organization. ie., we have 3 ECC systems, each of one branch of business. Instead of consolidating the data can we implement single MDGF governance process on top of all these ECC systems.

-- Yes, MDGF can be installed in one of the ECC systems.

7. How to use ECC number ranges? need to call any ECC programs or by default it is configured?

-- So far MDG has no such monitoring.

But for SAP MDGF predelivered entity types (gl accounts, PC, CC, CE, company), they are external numbering.

If, for example, customer want to define own entity type like I/O with internal numbering, MDG has no remote monitoring on number range currently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jessi,

Your answers have been very helpful.

Can you provide more input on the question 6. Our Landscape has 3 different ECC systems, each system has its own processes for individual subsidiary.

if we implemented MDGF, can we consolidate the business rules of all ECC systems into single MDGF instance? i.e., if a user logs on the request form with an ID matched to ECC1, only ECC 1 business rules need to be applied.

if a user from ECC 2 logs on to the request form, business rules from ECC 2 need to be applied. and similarly for ECC3.

Also data needs to be validated against ECC settings before saving into the database. example, if we create GL account in ECC system, many ECC specific business rules will be applied in the background. Same rules need to be applied in MDGF.is that possible?

Can we call BAPI/RFC from ECC to validate data on MDGF user interface, before saving into MDM.

As per my understanding MDGF is a staging area, before sending data to ECC. Does MDGF has its own database?

Can we store the consolidated data in MDGF database(not ECC)?

Thank you

Farah