cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Note 1535067 - EH&S WWI: Generating PDF files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am looking at implementing this in our systems. We are currently running MS Word 2003 and WWI server SP24 on our central instance WWI server. I am planning to upgrade our WWI Server to MS Word 2007 SP2 and WWI SP 26. I have a couple of questions-

1. Do you need to upgrade the application server MS Word and WWI as well?

2. Do all users using the WWI server need to upgrade MS Word and WWI even if they are not going to generate PDFs?

3. Do those who are going to generate PDFs need to upgrade MS Word and WWI?

Thanks for your attention to this.

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

1. Do you need to upgrade the application server MS Word and WWI as well?

If you mean by application server your ABAP/NetWeaver server - you do not need to do this.

This is - just as you wrote - needed for the server on which the WWI Server runs.

2. Do all users using the WWI server need to upgrade MS Word and WWI even if they are not going to generate PDFs?

3. Do those who are going to generate PDFs need to upgrade MS Word and WWI?

The generation of the documents - either rtf or pdf - always takes place on the WWI Server - therefore you do not need to upgrade the frontends.

However since you're working with different Word versions on your local PCs and on the WWI Server this could have some strange side effects. Make sure you do a fair amount of testing!

I would recomend to at least update the PCs where WWI Layouts are made to the same version as on the WWI Server.

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks much for the information. I'll give it a try and see how things go.