Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure soa manager in ecc 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

now i faced one problem in my server

when i execute soamanager, my web page is giving error message ( displayed but it shows timed_out error )

i have doubt in my comfiguration so please let me how can i configure soa manager

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you getting the "Timed Out Error" as soon as you open SOAMANAGER or when you try to Test your WSDL?

Follow these steps-

(I) Checking Domain name of WSDL

a) Open SOAMANAGER and navigate to "Business Administration" tab.

b) Click on "Web Service Administration" link

c) In "Search Pattern" search for your Webservice and click on "GO".

d) Select the line and click "Apply Selection" button

e) The details of your service definition is displayed. Click on "Open WSDL document for selected binding" link.

f) Copy the URL. Make a special note of your domain Name. Eg: "http://xxxxx.com:"

(II) Checking J2EE setting in SOAMANAGER

a) Go back to your SOAMANAGER home page by clicking "Back" link.

b) Select "Technical Configuration" Tab and click on "System Global Settings".

c ) Select "Access Information J2EE server" Tab and note down your J2EE host settings.

Note: If there are no J2EE host settings, then you probably get them from your BASIS team. Once you get the details, save the host settings.

(III) Clearing the WSDL Port Type error

a) Follow steps (a) thru (d) in Part I and click on 3rd link- "Open Web Service navigator for selected binding".

b) Now your WS Navigator is open. Your work starts here. Provide the WSDL URL from Part (I).f step when asked for "Enter the WSDL URL of the Web service:". Click "Next" button.

Possible outcomes-

i) Overview page of your Webservice is seen. In this case you can click on "Test" link on top and continue ... OR

ii) You get a error page namely-

Cannot download WSDL from http://xxxx.com:Port#.

If this is the case, then you need to provide the domain name noted down in PART I- step (f). and hit <Enter> This will open up the Overview page of your Webservice!

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are getting "Timed Out Error" as soon as you open SOAMANAGER. Please share the configuration to activate the SOAMANAGER in ECC

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just activate all the nodes in the path default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/APPL_SOAP_MANAGEMENT in transaction SICF.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello venu,

thanks for your reply ,

yes i already activated node which you mentioned, also i set parameter (full host name in Rz10) but my web page is trying to hit my servre but after some time it shows Request timed_out error

please Reply why it is giving the same

Regards

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

-- time out.

you need to change the profile to increase the 'timeout', for example

icm/conn_timeout = 50000

restart,

if it still time out, please try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got same pb when i called a SAP WS from external application --> error 500. How to update time_out parameter? in SOAMANAGER?

Thx a lot.