cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocate real_sub to a batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

Is there anyone who has encountered a demand for allocating real_sub to a batch of a material?

br Gustav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustav,

I have not come accross that requirement nor do I understand it.

The link however does already exist in my opinion:

To my knowledge a batch is linked to one material number, and one material number is/can be linked to one REAL_SUB.

Does that help?

Greets

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gustav

please describe which type of "batch" management you have in mind. I assume you are talking about creating data records in a bacth class? (refer to: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/7a/e9d5cb2faf11d4b2e40050da4ceab0/content.htm).

As explained: to my knowledge you "assign" in BOMBOS in some sense the "BOM" to a "BOS" (not using the batch number etc.). I believe "more" is possible in "Recipe Management".

Generellay there are rare cases there you need to handle "batches" in EH&S. All batches are linked to a material number which is linked to a REAL_SUB. The REAL_SUBs needs data which describes "all material number" linked to the REAl_SUB. The "batch" isn't supported in e.g. DG management etc. Generally batches of materials are not of "interest" in some sense in EH&S.

With best regards

C.B.

PS: May be refer to: http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/LOBM/LOBM.pdf

Here you will find examples of how to uses batch classes which are related in some sense to EH&S classes (do not try to use material classes or batch classes in the sense of use EH&S classes. They do have different "uses" in SAP)

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jun 25, 2011 8:04 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Nov 27, 2011 12:58 PM

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gustav

in EH&S there is a so called BOMBOS interface realized. By using this you approach you can populate data on the REAL_SUB level using the BOM of a material.

A batch of a material is normally the result of a production process. TO my knowledge batches are not supported in the BOMBOS interface.

Please read carefully the SAP recipe Managment which is as well related to the "link" between "material" and "Specification" I believe that in this area you will get potentielly the connection of batch to REAL_SUB.

PLease take look here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_recipe21/helpdata/en/start.htm

With best regards

C.B.

PS: there are a number of similar threads in this forum regarding the topic BOMBOS:

PPS: in production process you can generate more than one material (target and by products etc.) This is very common in chemistry; if you talk about "batch" you thnik of the "header"material (main target material) which should be produced?

It is clear that you can use the "batch" approach of SAP to describe more the target material; therefore it is not quite clear what you are looking for

As an add on: BOMBOS interface is decribed e.g. here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/a7/288aa30a6c11d28a220000e829fbbd/frameset.htm. Use key word: Bill of Material Transfer

As an add on: I checked the docu of the BOMBOS interface. The BOMBOS interface deos support to correlate a BOM (plant, alternative etc.) to a REAL_SUB; a batch (of a material) is not supported. In most cases this is not necesseray (in my opinion)

in the area of EH&S. A batch is only a "representation" of a material (produced on a special dat in a special plant etc.) and the material produced should not be different (from cehmistry point of view) than a batch in history or future. Therefore the BOM will lead to the same BOS and therefore same SDS etc. etc. etc.

Please consider the docu of "recipe Management" as explained. Here to my knowledge you could get "more" if necessary

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on May 7, 2011 1:31 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on May 7, 2011 1:31 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jun 13, 2011 9:58 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jun 16, 2011 10:30 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jun 16, 2011 10:36 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jun 18, 2011 9:06 AM