cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoSource between 2LIS_03_BX and 0IC_C03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can someone explain what's the function of this InfoSource between the data source 2LIS_03_BX and the infocube 0IC_C03 ???

I have to make a load of opening balance, can I make it directly to the infocube or is it mandatory to use the infosource ???

For what I saw in both transformations (from datasource to infosource, from infosource to infocube), I didn't find any special usage for the infosource. At least by what I understood until now.

Thanks in advance

César Menezes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

Infosources are generally not required in BI 7.0 version. At times, we are forced to use Infosources.

Whenever you want to upload to miltiple Infocubes from a single DSO, then you have to use Infosources. They work as intermediaries between the DSO & multiple Infocubes. Normally in your data model, if there is no such scenario, then its not required to use Infosource in BI 7.0

Hope it may clear you.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suman

But this specifically InfoSource, between DataSource BX and InfoCube C03, what´s it´s function?

Until now, by what I understand, I analized it and didn´t find any special function.

Can I load the DataSource directly to the InfoCube, without passing through this InfoSource ???

César Menezes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

There are 3 possibilities:

1 - The flow is in 3.5. In this case you will have an infosource.

2 - The flow is 3.5 migrated to 7.0. Here also you will have 7x infosource.

3 - The flow is completely 7.0. Here there will be no Infosource.

Now from DS to Infosource there are no business rules. It is effectively one to one mapping from DS fields to info-objects.

But from Infosource to 0IC_C03 if you check there would be multiple rule groups present in transformations.

These rule groups will have different KPIs mapped with routines. The purpose is that from ECC only 1 field for quantity (BWMNG) and one field for value (BWGEO) is coming but from Infosource to 0IC_C03 the same fields in different rule groups are mapped to different KPIs (Stock in transit, vendor consignment, valuated stock etc) based on stock category, stock type and BW transaction keys.

This is the main purpose of Infosource.

Debanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debanshu, it was a very clear explanation.

I´m working on a snapshot infocube to keep the daily stock positions, so I need to understand in detail how the standard solution (it means 0IC_C03) works.

It´s quite clear now that on 0IC_C03 we can map the datasource directly to the cube, without using the infosource.

Being carefull to use the same rule groups that are used today in the transformation from infosource to infocube.

I´ll apply it to my snapshot infocube.

Thank you very much

César Menezes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad that I could help.

We are also indeed working on a snapshot cube where it will act like a backup cube for the standard Inventory cube.

Although we have a monthly snapshot inventory cube but the daily transactions will go to this daily snapshot cube.

Let me know if you require any further inputs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

Infosources are generally not required in BI 7.0 version. At times, we are forced to use Infosources.

Whenever you want to upload to miltiple Infocubes from a single DSO, then you have to use Infosources. They work as intermediaries between the DSO & multiple Infocubes. Normally in your data model, if there is no such scenario, then its not required to use Infosource in BI 7.0

Hope it may clear you.

Regards,

Suman