cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM opportunity to ERP Quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am having one doubt regarding the CRM opportunity--->ERP quote functionality of the CRM 7.0 WEb UI.

I am aware that it allows the quote to be made directly into ERP using UI. I want to know whether any number assignment needs to be maintain in CRM also, since we are pulling quote into CRM from ERP and also we had to maintain same quote transactions in CRM as made in ERP.

for example if quote Zquote made in ERP is using Z1 number range, do i need to maintain the same number range as an ext in CRM

Please help.

thanks and regards

Dhruv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. All the customazing is done on ERP side. On CRM side all you have to do is to create profile in which you say, which ERP transactions can be used on CRM side. This is done under spro>crm>transactions>settings for erp transactions via crm>Define Profiles for ERP Sales Transactions.

And you also have to define from which crm opportunity can be made follow up to erp quotation. This is done under spro>crm>transactions>settings for erp transactions via crm>Cross-System Copy control for opportunities and erp transactions>Cross-System Copying of Transaction Types

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir,

So this means the quotation made in ERP doesnt pull any number range in CRM.

Thanks and regards,

Dhruv

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct. Everything is done on ERP side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

We have come across a situation where we need to restrict the items to be copied to ERP quotation from CRM opportunity.

We want to apply such a restriction in particular oppty types only.

We have created some dummy products and want to test whether same can be moved to ERP quote using cross system copying control or not?

Can you please suggest some to do it?

Edited by: Dhruv.Patel on May 11, 2011 11:36 AM

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In customazing for ERP transaction under "Cross-System Copying of Item Categories" you define which item categories from CRM oppotunity are copied to ERP document. So, here just exclude the once that you don't want to copy to erp quotation and I think it should solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I had thought of the same thing but I came to know this has been done through some coding. I was not part of the implementation hence I have no idea how to do it. I am being crm functional consultant unaware of the coding part

regards,

Dhruv

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't knw of any badis and events on crm side that culd be used to enhance this funtionality. So I guess that if it was coded, then it was done on erp side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please help me on the below issues. I am trying to create ERP Quote from CRM opportunity , did all settings at CRM side but while creating CRM Opportunity & under follow-up document, I am not able to see ERP Quotation .

Why its not Showing ERP Quotation under Follow-up doc of CRM OPPORTUNITY ? Is RFC connection MUST work to show up ERP Sales Doc Type ? Please help me.

Again my understanding is NO MIDDLEWARE setup is required for this. Its the feature of CRM 7.0 , that we can create ERP doc types in CRM without Middleware.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Umesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Yes RFC Connection is must. Please check whether you have assigned the sales doc that you want to create as follow up document from Opp to the Profile for ERP Sales Transaction.

I hope it works.

Thanks,

Ajai