cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Acct group 0007 uses internal no. assignment; leave blank"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to create a vendor using MK01. It asks me to select Account group. But when I select one, and execute an error comes which says, u201CAcct group 0007 uses internal no. assignment; leave blanku201D

But when I leave it blank, it doesnu2019t work. Stuck at this step.

Can you help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MK01 tcode is used for Vendor master creation. The input fields are Vendor#, Porg and account group on the initial screen.

The Vendor# entry is external or internal depending on the account group.

In this case for account group 0007, as per standard SAP setting Vendor# will get assigned internally. so you need not enter anything for this field. Hence leave this field blank and just fill in the P.Org and account group. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone for the quick reply. Solved and closed. Thanks again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member232581
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Account group determines if vendor number should be assigned internally or externally. Your account group 0007 must be set for internal number assignment. So if you will specify your vendor number it will throw same error. Try refresh TCode and again create vendor leaving blank the vendor number feild. Give some more details what happens when you are creating vendor leaving feild blank

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For 0007 there is internal number assignment ,so you cannot give external vendor number,

just give company code and purchasing organization,,and execute and putting data,save ,you will get vendor number by system define,not external which you trying to give

Regards

Kailas ugale