cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 internal server errorSRM Portal MDM Catalog Insufficient rights operati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When we select one line item in SRM Catalog portal and save (add to shopping list) , we get this error. Thanks in advance.

when we do Auth check, it didn't give any error. If you throw any input, it will help me.

which user (portal user or SRM to MDM connection user or MDM user buyer) has this issue?

Errror:

500 Internal Server Error

com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: Insufficient rights for operation

Error Summary

While processing the current request, an exception occurred which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

If the information contained on this page doesn't help you to find and correct the cause of the problem, please contact your system administrator. To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page. Hint: Most browsers allow to select all content, copy it and then paste it into an empty document (e.g. email or simple text file).

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: Insufficient rights for operation

at com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.AbstractProtocolCommand.execute(AbstractProtocolCommand.java:126)

at com.sap.mdm.data.commands.CreateRecordCommand.execute(CreateRecordCommand.java:215)

at com.sap.srm.mdm.Model.createRecord(Model.java:439)

at com.sap.srm.mdm.service.ShoppingListManagerMaskImpl.getParentMaskRecordId(ShoppingListManagerMaskImpl.java:163)

at com.sap.srm.mdm.service.ShoppingListManagerMaskImpl.addShoppingList(ShoppingListManagerMaskImpl.java:100)

... 34 more

See full exception chain for details.

Detailed Exception Chain

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sap.mdm.commands.CommandException: com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: Insufficient rights for operation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi syed,

I will update details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed ,

It is due to insufficient rights to user.we have passed to security.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was working fine before.They are facing pblm from last mnth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhanu,

Could you please be more specific what u r trying to do and what are the steps and where ur getting error, what are the systems are connected and who all users are facing this error or only ur id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok , is it working earler.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Its and timeout error. set the paramater to 600 or 3600 so u will not get this timeout error.

Thanks and Regard.

syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

user is facing this pblm.

1.In the shopping list tab, selected shopping list to edit and clicked Edit.

2.When the Create /edit shopping list pop-up came up, added Weekly in the Description field. Clicked Save

3.Error message popped up(AS mention in the screen shot)

Can i have ur phone no plz. we need to resolve the pblm ASAP.

Thanks,

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Please check in backend system is it througing any dump or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI syed ,

It is not throwing any dump.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saptest2011,

I am facing same problem.Could you please tell the steps how to resolve it.

PFA attachment below.Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is fixed.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saptest2011,

I am facing the similar error, can you tell me correction steps.

thanks a lot,

vatchan

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Try to chek the authorizations of the mdm user which you have logged in to launch the SRM Catlaog.

- If the user has any constraints check of not able to access shopping list etc.

- Check in the configuration UI if the user has authorizations to create shopping list?

Best Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

apart from what has been said :

check if the shopping list is being tried to be created on the slave repository

this is not supported - shopping lists can be created only on the master !

hth

thanks

-Adrivit