cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding PDF to Smartform PO

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are in the process of creating the PO layout using SmartForms instead of the standard SAPScript for SUS implementation.

Our requirement is to include Terms and Conditions with each of these PO's so that when the PO is viewed by the vendor in SUS, it will also include T&C's.

Does anyone know how we can include this? The T&C's are currently saved as a PDF. Not sure how it would look if we incorporate it as text on the SmartForms.

Monique Stephens

Edited by: Monique Stephens on May 12, 2011 3:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am currently trying to solve the same issue. Did you find a solution - and could you please share some tips if you did find a solution?

It seems to be doable when the output medium is 5 (send external), by modifying the print program. As a minimum it will then be possible to add the T&C document as a second attachment to the email, but it should also be possible to merge the two PDFs into one.

However, when the output is sent to a printer, it seems the output is already in a spool file when control is returned to the print program after calling the Smart Form function module.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure if this answers your question, but we copied the standard SmartForm and added a section for the T&C's.  So, if our SUS vendors want a printout of the PO, it includes the T&C's at the end of the PO.  For e-mail, we don't include the T&C's as part of the PO layout.  Our workaround for that one was to have the PO e-mailed to the Purchasing buyer as a PDF so that they can then forward to the vendor with any additional information.  This also allows the buyer to receive an acknowledgement that the e-mail was received by the vendor.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback.

I could not find any other solution myself, so I will be adding a page for the terms & conditions. However, I am curious about why and how you excluded it from email?

I assume you mean the "send external" output medium (or some self-defined output medium) when you say e-mail.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We don't use e-mail very often.  But, in order for our buyers to get a good confirmation, I recommended to them to send the PDF to themselves and then add any additional information when sending to the vendors.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you happen to have Terms and Conditions that fit on a single page? If not, how did you manage to make them print across multiple (at least two) pages?

I have added a page for the terms and conditions, but have not been able to print them correctly. I posted a new question “Text module constrained to single page?” regarding this.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Our T&C's are two pages (very small print).  I don't think we did anything special though so that it would print more than one page.  I can ask our programmer.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply, and sorry about my feedback coming quite late.

I got a reply to the new question I posted explaining this quite well.

It turns out the trick is to add the terms and conditions to the existing MAIN window, and use a command to force a page-break before them (with the option of going to a new PAGE so the layout can be customized for the terms and conditions.