cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports - Connecting to databases - Limit to Number of Tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using CR 2008 and attempting to build a report. The database I created access to contains over 5000 tables in the db schema. The list of tables presented in the GUI to build the report is just a portion of the total number of tables. ('A' to 'O' displays alphabetically). Is there a limit to the number of tables that can be displayed to build the contents of a report? If so, what is the limit? Is there a work around?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

This is by design and a limit of how CR works due to limitation in your PC resources. CR loads all of that info into memory, if there are too many to list, and typically it's more common when using Oracle due to it's ability have thousands of tables, is in the Database connection right click on the connection and then select Options. You can add filtering to limit what you see.

Only option you have to be able to get to see all tables required for your report. Don't add tables if they are not required or if you can't link them. Work arounds are to create a collection of Stored Procedures or Views so you see just what you need.

Thank you

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution to this is to increase the max number of tables returned in FetchOptions. You have to make that change in the Windows registry. Run regedit.exe

For Crystal 2008 the path is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions

Crystal 2011 the path is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions

set NTablesMax to the number you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This does not work for me
I have Crystal Report 2011 14.0.4.738 product full

on Win 7 x64 SP!

connecting to

SQL 2008 R2 SP1

Tried ODBC native client

and the 2 CR drivers none list past 2000 tables

when I change the registry entry from 8000 to 6000 still no t complete list exactly the same