cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training and Event Mgt PSV1 Book an Attendee error - Enter a Valid Attendee

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to book an employee into a Business Event and I am getting an error - Enter a Valid Attendee. The reason seems to be that the employee did not exist in the system as on the date of the Business Event (the employee Master Data record was created due to an acquisition) even though the relevant Date Types have been maintained. In this case, we brought in the employee with a Hiring Action of 01/01/2011, while the IT0041 had the Z1 -Original hire Date as 01/01/2007. Feature HDATE has been maintained with Z1. The Business Event Date = 09/01/2009.

As a workaround, I entered the record in the IT0024 as an Individual Development record. Then I tried to report the record via S_PH9_46000434 - Attendee List and S_PH9_46000431 - Attendee's Training History, but the reports are not picking up the record.

Has anyone loaded Training History that was dated prior to the Hiring Action Date and reported that data?

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Try feature ENTRY. It has worked for me in the past, so it might be worth a try. The feature determines the working of function module HR_ENTRY_DATE.

Thanks,

Priya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I created an OSS Message and got a solution from SAP. Here is what solved the issue:

Normally, a person can only be booked or prebooked to a business event or business event type if the person is active during the entire period of the business event (type). However, using table T777BIRTH it's possible to extend relationship

maintenance if the period comes before the hiring date (From birth) or after the leaving date (Until highdate). There you can

extend the booking relationship so you can book these employees.

The reason could be the entry-date. You can try to solve this by customizing table T777BIRTH according to your requirement to book these kind of people anyway. P B 025 E X in field BIRTHX allows to create the relationship with a BEGDA before the entry-date.

Thanks for your response.

Anil

PS: There were other issues that I had to circumvent before I could successfully book the Employee. One was that the Cost Center did not exist at that time and so I had to create a work around by zeroing out the cost of the course. We may also possibly make the course not relevant for Cost Accounting.

Edited by: Anil Sule on May 19, 2011 3:47 PM