Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "No Vendor specified"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to ECATT... I wanted to record VA01.

1. I tried with SAP GUI(Record) when clicked Start recording I get this message "No vendor Specified"

2. then i tried recording using TCD recording... (VA01, VL01N, VF01)... I recorded the transaction VL01N (eNjoy transaction) it is working fine....what is the difference. ??

All the notes say that TCD cannot recognize eNjoy transactions but its working fine... Im confused

can anyone explain???

Regards

Sweety

Edited by: sweety_VA on May 24, 2011 11:25 AM

6 REPLIES 6

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ad 1. check these 2 links, there are some information that may be your case

http://sapblog.rmtiwari.com/2009/08/writing-thought-provoking-erroneous.html

ad 2. Enjoy SAP components are created on frontend computer (in oposition to standard screen elements), so this mechanism require special treating. If in your case everything works fine it means that in your test case you're not using EnjoySAP components and TCD is enough for your needs. For example on screen you can see ALV object and some standard screen elements. You can do changes to standard elements, but not to ALV.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

In TCD recording certain screen elements are not recoginized such as tree structure and so on. You will be able to trace thsi when you run in the foreground that the screens are not displayed.

However the operation may or may not be performed which you want to.

If its working work you , then you can go ahead and use it but make sure that end result is wht you are expecting.

Also regarding the error no vendor specified that is because in certain transactions you get certain error messages upfront even before you had performed certain operations like enter key or save, but you can continue recording..

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

After I get this "No vendor Specified" message I am not able to record at all..It just navigates back to the test script screen without proceeding to the recording screen and its same for all the transactions that I tried.

Regards

Sweety.

AjayHS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you able to carry out the operation even after you get this error manually. if its not possible manaually then throught automation also you cant.

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I am not able to carry out the operation after the error. Do you have any idea of What could be the possible cause for this problem??

Regards

Sweety

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will want to see the help on Security for the Use of SAP GUI Scripting for eCATT.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/49/38dea6c657200be10000000a42189c/content.htm

Note that you will need to use RZ11 to set the profile parameter sapgui/user_scripting to "TRUE" and save the setting.

What is NOT documented is that you need to log off and log back in since this parameter is set in your user session at login and not changed when you update it in RZ11.

This made the "No Vendor specified" message go away for me.

Kevin