cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate tracks from one server to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I've read a few guides how to migrate tracks from one server to another, but it doesn't help me.

What I've done:

1) I've exported my SC from SLD at my old server

2) Then imported it at my new server

3) Updated CMS from SLD

4) Created a track at my new server and added imported SC

Then I have to import my SC from old server with sources and there is some errors happens for me.

First option: I have exported my SC from CMS, but the SCA file is about 5kB. I unzipped it and there was ARCHIVESOURCE folder but it hasn't anything seems to be my sources. That file is checked-in successfully through the transport studio, but no sources imported into DTR.

Second option: I have exported the SCA file by using NWDS. It's exported OK, size ~1.3MB, ARCHIVESOURCE folder with mine sources. But when I try to check-in it, it fails with an error "import failed, because the sources are not contained in the archive

".

Could anybody helps me to achieve my task? I stuck with source import.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

important to know that assembly ALWAYS uses the CONS/ACTIVE workspace for SCA generation.

If you for instance create a change (an activity), and you activate and release it but you don't import this activity into CONS, then it won't be part of the CONS/active and then due to obvious reasons assembly won't produce the sources either (no possibility to do an explicit activation on cons level as here a force activation takes place at import, but of course the import into cons is a necessary step, because as mentioned assembly uses the cons/active).

Can you please confirm/deny how this scenario looks like on your end?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin, that detail was very helpful. I thought it uses only the DEV workspace. I've activated and transported all activities and now the file is assembled OK. Thank you!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

can you please tell me the version of

- nwdi (here I mean the SP version of the SCs on the server like DI_CMS, DI_CBS, DI_DTR)

- nwds (help -- about in nwds)

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you are:

DI has the version 1000.7.20.3.0.20100516213800

NWDS is 7.2 SP04 PAT0007

When I export the SCA from NWDS, the SCA file has a nice size with sources (it is imported OK into LocalDevelopment). But when I assemble the SCA from CMS, the file seems to be broken with no sources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

do you have any ideas how to solve that problem?

"Assemblation" works in a strange manner without any sources.

Export from NWDS and then check-in in CMS doesn't work.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the sources are there in that .SC file.

Did you import the generated(assembled) SCA file into your NWDS to see whether the sources are available there? If this is 710 or higher you can import this SC into "LocalDevelopment".

You can also create a track for this SCA and then import the development config of this tack into your NWDS and then look for the sources from there.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The *.sc file seems to be too small. I opened it and there is no anything seems to be a sources.

I tried to import assembled SCA to NWDS, but got an error " Nothing to import (into archive SC): SCA does not contain DC binaries".

The track is imported OK from the old server.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

could you please check whether you have enabled the feature when doing assembly: "Include Source-Pointer into Archive" ?

If yes, then try the assembly without this feature.

Please also try to open the assembled SCA file (which will be put in to your <transport folder>/CMS/archives) with a winzip, or winrar. Please check if inside the SCA file you have a folder called SOURCEARCHIVES.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answer!

Hmm.

As I can see the description of options it's better to select "Include Modifiable Sources in Archives". But anyway I tried both of options.

After I've assembled the SC, I can see that the first option provides the 6kB file, the second - 2kB.

With the option "Include Modifiable Sources in Archives" there is SOURCEARCHIVES folder inside the SCA file, but it has only the one file with the name DTR<SC's name>.sc and nothing more:(. It is not mine sources.

With the second option there isn't such folder.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

you cannot use the Export SC option for the basis of a new development, a new track can be created for an existing custom SC only, if it has been created using the Assembly feature.

Please proceed as per the following forum thread:

Moving changes from one NWDI (or track) to another

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I tried the options you have suggested.

The first option isn't applicable for our needs.

The second one, as I said earlier, doesn't work. I assembled the SC in the old track but, as I said, it hasn't source files inside the SCA file, when I'm trying to export my assembled SCA.

And the last one doesn't allow me to save a copied track at the old server with the DTR URL of the new server. It fails with an error "x:invalid-name-reservation-data". I found 1056333 note, but it doesn't help.

I think that the second one is the most preferable solution for me. But I'm doing something wrong with the SCA export/import.