cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informatica / Delta Initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

I've been wrestling with a question for a few days now - I have activated a data source (0FI_GL_4). When my colleague performs a delta initialization from Informatica, the delta queue is not initialized (nothing shows up in RSA7). However when I perform a delta initialization from BW on the same data source, the marker shows up in RSA7 as I'd expect it to.

In both cases the inbound IDOCs look exactly the same, with the exception of some partner profile data relevant to each request. I am at a loss to explain why Informatica's delta initialization is not creating a delta queue. I am admittedly new to BW / data sources, but it seems like I am missing something obvious here.

Points will be awarded for all helpful answers.

Thanks,

Matthew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Pls check the profile of your colleague, he may not have the necessary authorization for initialization for 0FI_GL_4.

this will be the reason that he may not start the init process and you can.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Arvind,

In reviewing the roles / profiles, I have found that both users have SAP_ALL in this example (we're sandboxing) but the Informatica login does not have SAP_NEW. I have requested that this profile be added to the Informatica user and we'll see if this resolves the issue during testing tomorrow. I will circle back once I have an answer and either update you or award points.

Thanks!

Matthew

Answers (0)