cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CONVERT_OTF, special character '-' printing not properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

when printing PO item text; in Print Preview, text displays correctly. But in program by using 'CONVERT_OTF' FM output is converting into PDF and this PDF is send it to the PO creator through mail, In the PDF present in the mail, the special character ' - ' is not displaying properly; i.e the special character ' - ' is replaced by ' ' space. For the text we are using Text editor and Font family is 'COURIER' , device type is 'PDF'. And also i tried with different Font fammilies, for that it beheaves differently but not displays as it is the special character ' - '.

Thanks and regards

Aumprakasharya T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which device type is used to create the PDF? i.e. which deivce type is used in the OTF data that is converted to PDF? If you use device type PDFUC or SWINCF, then it should work fine. (see SAP not #999712 about unicode PDF conversion)

Regards,

Aidan

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

I also have the similar issue Print preview looks good and email attachment which was conveterd from OTF looks different font and size.

Did you find any solution for this issue?    

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would:

- check the codepage

- check if you are using LOCL for issuing output. LOCL is known to cause problems due to taking front end font into consideration.

- try if FM CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF has same problems.