Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred when synchronizing folder hierarchy for role - Crystal

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

While publishing Crystal Reports from BW System to our BOE Server, we are getting the following error in /CRYSTAL/RPTADMIN:

An error occurred when synchronizing folder hierarchy for role : SAP_GRC_RM_CRYSTAL_ROLE(EAS 30001)

I have followed your guides at:

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/23/businessobjects-and-sap--publishing-of-crystal-reports-part-1-of-3

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/24/businessobjects-and-sap--publishing-of-crystal-reports-part-3-of-3

and also a related posts to this specific error. Everything seems to be ok.

Steps performed:

-SAP Authentication in the CMC completed.

- Role has been granted the rights to add objects in BusinessObjects Enterprise:

<SID>~410@SAP_GRC_RM_CRYSTAL_ROLE

View objects

Add objects to the folder

Edit objects

Modify the rights users have to objects

Delete instances

Delete objects

Copy objects to another folder

The following was performed only for folder <SID>CLNT410 and not for SAP and 2.0 folders. Should I add and give permissions to these folders also?

- Role has been added to the BOE Server definition in transaction /CRYSTAL/RPTADMIN

This role (SAP_GRC_RM_CRYSTAL_ROLE ) is an standard one use for GRC RM 3.0. After checking your guides. Since the above mentioned role has no authorization objects, I would like to confirm with you if this could be the error and if so what are those auth. objects that should be included.

Please let me know what else should I check.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you would like to access the reports from the SAP role menus then the report has to be published to BW and from BW to the BusinessObjects server.

Ingo

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo,

Once I was able to publish reports to BOE, I was able to see reports from BW either.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi diego,

I am facing same issue. Could you please provide details on this to fix it,

Thanks

Pinaki

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pinaki,

We were able to solve this by following note 1378284 - "An error occurred when synchronizing folder
hierarchy" in Crystal Reports.

The user we were using to publish Crystal reports from the backend to BOE, was included in the "Administrator" group in BOE.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Diego for replying.

User was already in Administrator group. In my case it was bit different ....

I noticed that Imported role or User group in BOE was not assigned properly. Now issue is fixed.

-BR

Pinaki

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

-

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to confirm with you if it is possible to access Crystal Reports without publishing them. I have followed steps described under "Configuring the SAP HTTP request handler" but while trying to access reports from role menu (in sapgui), I got an u201Cinvalid argumentu201D message error.

After checking the URL provided, I've noticed that it is pointing to our BOE system/Folder and thatu2019s the reason I'm asking you maybe this basic question.

Please let me know if this is possible or I have to wait until reports are published in BOE System.

Thanks and regards