cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate UOM For indirect purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

It is possible to maintain alternative Unit of Measurement for indirect purchasing ie without material master?

Our issue is we need to receive Purchase Orders from SRM, where the Int UoM is different from R/3. Commercial unit and ISO Code are same. (R/3 - ZDI (Com SU, ISO: DI) and (SRM - SU(Com: SU, ISO: DI). While processing in SRM this throws an error what Internal UoM SU not maintained. As per our analysis, Int UoM must also be same in both SRM and R/3.

It is difficult to change UoM in R/3 as we have lot of PO's which are open and our landscape is huge.

One option we think might work if we can maintain alternative unit of measurement somewhere? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rohit Garg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the message clearly says that an "internal" unit is not maintained, then I think an additional alternative unit will not help you avoiding this message.

What is the message number?

have you searched OSS if there is somewhere a bug fix?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message Number is BM305.

It is not any bug, thus I did not searched for any SAP note. I am looking for alternative ways to handle the issue. The last way out is to delete ZDI in R/3 and Create SU (similar to SRM), but this impact all the existing Orders and material documents created earlier in R/3.

Another way we have thought of - as UoM are case sensitive, creating another unit as SU (Com,Tech "su"). Any ideas if this will break something else?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

before you start using lower case units read OSS Note 789748 - No lowercase letters for unit of measurement IDs

And even this will not stop your problem as Com,Tech units are External units.

BM305 Unit & is not created in language &

the message cleary refers to a certain language, which is usually listed in the message.

So I think is just a translation issue.

Use SE16 at table T006A to see if you missed a translation. Fiield MSEH3 has the commercial unit, MSEHI is the internal unit.