cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown error 0x80040200 CrystalReport VS2005 on x64 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am building an application under Windows 7 32 bits and try to run it in a 64 bit system (Windows Server 2008 R2 x64). I've installed the redistributable for x64 : CRRedist2005_X64.msi but I get the following error :

Server Error in '/print' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown error 0x80040200 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unknown error 0x80040200

Source Error: 

Line 471:                        If oParamDef Is Nothing Then
Line 472:                            Log("ERROR: parameter: " + .Para meterFieldName + "/" + .ReportName + " definition is corrupt.")
Line 473:                        ElseIf oParamDef.IsLinked() Then
Line 474:                            Log("parameter: " + .ParameterFieldName + "/" + .ReportName + " is linked.")
Line 475:                        Else

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\print\print.aspx.vb    Line: 473 

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: Unknown error 0x80040200]
   CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.ISCRSubreportLink.get_LinkedParameterName() +0
   CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ParameterFieldDefinition.IsLinked() +674
   print.print.SetParameters(ReportDocument crReportDocument, Dictionary`2 dInternalParms) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\print\print.aspx.vb:473
   print.print.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\print\print.aspx.vb:133
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 

Any idea? For information the reports were done with VS2005, then I've update the solution to VS2010 but the report haven't changed at all. My projects are still linking the the 10.2 version of CR.

thanks in advanced.

Olivier

Edited by: Olivier Champion on May 23, 2011 1:59 PM added stack trace

Edited by: Olivier Champion on May 23, 2011 2:03 PM - show full log

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Search first to start with.

It's not clear, all of your info/errors I assume are for VS 2005 but the last thing you mention you are using VS 2010?

So please clarify, are you using VS 2005 or VS 2010, each have their own distribution files and each must be using the correct version of our Assemblies.

Thank you

Don

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just did a quick test in CR for Visual Studio 2010 (v 13.0) and the ParameterFieldDefinition.IsLinked() works in both 32 and 64 bit mode. If you are using the 10.5 assemblies you should probably move away from them. I don't think this IsLinked() method worked back in version 10.0, 10.5, or 11.5.

Also, the IsLinked() method only works on parameters in subreports. It checks to see if they are linked to the main report. It does not check to see if a main report param is linked to a subreport.

1217925 - 'IsLinked' property from 'ParameterField' object in CR 10 and XI R2 .NET is always false

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original project was done under VS2005 and I've upgrade to VS2010, except the reporting part. So I was trying to use the same reports and the web application that launched them (the ones created with VS2005) in a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64. And installing CRRedist2005_X64.msi did not solve the issue.

Yesterday I've migrate the web application with the Crystal Reports version 13 (for .NET 4), install redist CR for Visual Studio 2010 on Win2008x64 and it works, report were running.

Did I understood right? Is this the only way to do it?

With Visual Studio 2005 there where msm package available for CR? Is this also the case for CR for Visual Studio 2010?

Thanks

Olivier

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have migrated to Visual Studio 2010 you should use Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 (version 13.0). Remember that we support reports created using older report engines. The .rpt files you created in version 10.5 should open fine in version 13.0.

As for deployment, my personal preference is to stay away from merge modules. The required you to create your own setup package and lock in your application to the Crystal runtime. This is really bad when we do an update because you are required to fully remove your application, update the installer with new merge modules, then re-deploy. This is a nightmare if you have a complex app.

The better choice is our redist/server install MSI or EXE package. You can remove/add this independently of your application. You can even chain it into your installer but it will still show up as an individual item in your Add/Remove Programs.

Redist files can be found on the Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Reference page below.

[original link is broken]

Answers (0)