Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME28 - Exclude PO for releasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again gurus,

Here I am, with new SAP troubles

In this case, I need to exclude certain purchase orders from the releasing process from ME28.

Is there any user-exit or BADI I can use in order to delete orders from de initial selection? My scope is to avoid the release for a certain kind of orders.

I couln't find anything...

In ME29N I have the same requirement, and I solved it with BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST (Method OPEN).

Any ideas?

A lot of thanks!

Edited by: Ole ES on May 23, 2011 5:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also think to create new transaction, copy of ME28 and then add new field as per your requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your release criteria is just based on PROCSTAT - "Purchasing document processing state " then defining just new document type will not serve the purpose. As mentioned earlier, modify the characteristics and enter document type also as one of the characteristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is avoid releasing depending of PROCSTAT but only manualy (ME28/ME29N). I must allow workflow releasing.

So, I think the best way to do this is implementing a user-exit or BADI. For example, in ME29N it was too easy with BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST.

There is not any other way to avoid releasing in ME28 throught adding code in a user-exit?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by: Ole ES on May 24, 2011 8:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at enhancement M06E0004 in SMOD to place your logic releasing of purchasing documents.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been looking this exit, and I don't understand so well how to discard a PO from the releasing process, via e_cekko exporting param.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below you can find a sample code;

IF SY-SUBRC = 0.

IF I_CEKKO-BEDAT >= '20091212'.

ELSE.

If you append any field to CEKKO then you also need to add below code;

MOVE I_CEKKO TO E_CEKKO.

IF E_CEKKO-ZZERNAM IS INITIAL.

E_CEKKO-ZZERNAM = SY-UNAME.

ENDIF.

But I would suggest you taking help of an ABAP person.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

I've solved it using thi EXIT and CEKKO-USRC1 field.

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create new document type or Purchase grp for PO's which should not have release procedure.Exclude this from characterstics,so it will not go thro release procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I've already created a new PO document type, but my criteria for release/not release is based on field EKKO-PROCSTAT.

Depending of this value, the PO's of the new type will be avaible or not for releasing in ME28.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create seperate document type like "ZNB" for those PO for which you don't want to undergo release strategy.

Then create characterstic "BSART" which is for document type release.

I think this will work for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure why you would want a release strategy to begin with.As, that would hold the PO from being output or processed further. is it a "lock for ever" kinda deal?

2 things

1. Either add or modify a characteristic as suggested above , so the release is not assigned to the PO,

OR

2. Add/ Modify a characteristic to differentiate these set of PO/s from the rest and control access via security using release group and code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the release strategy classification, you may add a characteristic, and give it appropriate values, so that release strategy doesn't get assigned to POs with other-than-those values.