SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMMA cases are not being generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN's

According to the requirement, we have developed a custom message, that prevent to create the billing documents if operand group is not maintained in the installation facts. So the error message is coming in the log list after executing the EA38 transaction code and the same message in not coming in the clarification list after executing EMMA jobs.

Could you please advice if any settings missed out to generate EMMA case for the same error which is coming after executing the EA38 tcode.

Please suggest.

Thank you

Regards,

KV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is EMMA category activated?

Is the job for EMMA preparation being executed?

Is the Message in the EMMA category?

// Luis Jesus

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is EMMA category activated?

Is the job for EMMA preparation being executed?

Is the Message in the EMMA category?

// Luis Jesus

0 Kudos

Hello Jesus,

Thank you for your reply.

I have executed job for EMMA preparation and message also maintained in the EMMA category.

Can you please let me know the all relevant settings for EMMA so i will check the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

KV

0 Kudos

Hi KV,

If EMMA case category is active and you are able to view clarification cases being generated for standard messages, then you need to update Clarification case category. (I am assuming Case Creation Type is Automatic and Store Triggering Messages for Clarification Case is marked... Business process is defined with Classes for Analysis of Application Logs.. etc).

Also, it is important that your custom message should appear in application log.

If above stated things are in place, then open clarification case category using transaction code EMMACCAT2 and in Message tab - include your custom Message Class and custom Message Number. That's it. You should be able to see clarification cases being generated.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

Thank you for your reply.

The error message is being created in the application log after executing the job for mass billing and the same message is not being generated in the EMMA cases. I have defined case category with the messages.

Could you suggest of anything i missed out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vinod Kakarla

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Are you using standard case category or custom?

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hello Avinash Reddy,

We defined new case category for the error which we got in the application log. I have executed the jobs so many times for EMMA cases and not being generated EMMA cases. I have checked in EMMACCAT2 and it looks fine all the relevant settings.

I can able to see the case when i execute the billing in EASIBI transaction code and the same case is not being generated after executing the mass billing.

Please suggest.

Regards,

KV

0 Kudos

Is this question truly still pending?

If yes, creating BPEM cases requires security authorization. Auth object is B_EMMA_CAS. In our scenario, we knew the messages were being triggered, but they did not show up in EMMA. What we found is that the auth check was failing, but there was no obvious error returned to the initiating program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We resolved the problem

0 Kudos

Hi KV,

Can you please let me know how EMMA case got created for EASIBI transaction?

I'm also trying to check about the same Issue, can you please help me.

0 Kudos

Hi KV,

We are also facing a similar problem can you please post your solution so it would be helpful for our case.

thanks in advance,

Madhukar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also facing a similar problem can you please post the solution so it would be helpful for us.

thanks in advance,

Adriano