Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump when activating Business Content 7.35

former_member215766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're running BW 7.3 and at the time of activating any object from the BI content we get a shortdump, even if we are simulating:

Exception condition "X_MESSAGE" raised.

Category ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors RAISE_EXCEPTION

ABAP Program SAPLRRSI

Application Component BW-BEX-OT

A RAISE statement in the program "SAPLRRSI" raised the exception

condition "X_MESSAGE".

Since the exception was not intercepted by a superior

program, processing was terminated.

BI content is 7.35 and SP level 2

The rest of the ABAP, Basis, PI Basis and BW components don't have any SP.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

israel_cano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, this error also occurs in SAP SCM 7.02 clean installation, when you try to view CVC created or when create time series for a planning area.

The solution running the RSRV > Tests in Transaction RSRV > All Elementary Tests > Master Data > Compare Number Range and Maximum SID for characteristic object 0IOBJNM;

also fix the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, same problem over here !

It only happens when trying to activate InfoObjects, since there is no problem activating InfoAreas or Application componentes or even InfoObject Catalogs...

Any updates on this ?

former_member215766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santiago, no updates on this unfortunately. Will post anything that comes up.

By the way, what package level are you in?

former_member215766
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, a quick update. I debugged the program before the shortdump and I got this message just before the dump:

Could not enter characteristic value 0UNIT with SID 2 in table /BI0/SIOBJNM

I checked the table and I understand the reason for the message: the value 2 for the SID is already being used for a record with the field IOBJNM = INFOPROV.

However, I have no idea what we can do with this.

I compared 0UNIT with another system and they look the same. I also tried to run a test on RSRV but it wasn't letting me.

Does anybody have any clues about this? Any help will be much appreciated.

former_member215766
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, we applied the Support Packages 02 and then ran the RSRV transaction for 0IOBJNM. There was a problem with the number ranges there and we corrected it by using the "Correct" button there. That solved our problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue. Fix by running RSRV as you had suggested. Thanks for sharing the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With SP2 apply SAP Note 1516958... which is basically the same solution as give in this post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Busy,

I made exactly as you said:

Use RSRV repair feature (i.e., Correct Error button) for the following:                                                                                    

RSRV > Tests in Transaction RSRV > All Elementary Tests > Master Data > Compare Number Range and Maximum SID for characteristic object 0IOBJNM;

But I got the error message:

Characteristic 0IOBJNM: Status of number range BIM9999991 is too small by 00000000000000000002

Message no. R7B221

I solved this pushing the "Back" button to come back to RSRV main screen and pushing the Repair Button.

Thanks,

Marco Modesto

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take the help of ABAPer and try to analyze the short dump by using /h transaction. Goto the checkpoints in the debugging mode and try to locate any inconsistent object presents in the system.

Regards,

Suman