cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC vs BFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone explain me the difference of this two tool?

Regards,

Alex

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but it's absolutely strange to ask something in the question from year 2011 with all participants inactive...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

BOFC: It is a tool that offers the complete functionality of a consolidation system: financial reporting data, validations, currency conversion, statutory consolidation and reporting of consolidated financial data. You can see Crystal Reports and Dashboard Designer (Xcelsius) for frontend reporting. You can extract data from both BOFC for Microsoft SSAS Cubes and SAP NetWeaver BW InfoCubes.

BOPC: With SAP BusinessObjects Business Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC) SAP offers a state-of-the-art Planning and Consolidation software that meets all your needs in budgeting, planning, consolidation and reporting. SAP BPC features a standardized administration tool for Planning and Consolidation. A homogeneous Excel-based user interface is utilized for creating planning data, uploading or reporting of financial data, and reporting for internal and external purposes. SAP BPC is available either as a SAP BW based or Microsoft SQL based solution, thus enabling the additional utilization of SAP BW reporting and other BW tools (e.g., unified Master data collection and financial reporting data), promoting the integration of your IT systems. Using the Microsoft SQL based solution enables non-SAP companies to capitalize on the solid and easy to learn SAP consolidation tool.

Hope this answers your question.

Rgds,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Collet and Poonam for the answers.

For me is really interesting to try to understand the limit of the use of BPC for the consolidation needs, so to be able to decide when is the case to use BPC and when is better to use BFC.

Have the same core engine?

Has BFC just more functionality for more complex kind of consolidation?

Regards,

Alex

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to give you a bit of context, BO FC is used by 80% of the "CAC 40", which are the 40 biggest firms of the French Stock Exchange. This product is THE consolidation application in France for major groups. It exists for longtime (maybe for 10 or 15 years), is thus very stable, and has benefited from many evolutions.

On my side, I am originally expert on EC-CS and SEM-BCS, and now BPC. So, I don't know in detail BO FC, but I did a few projects where I replaced BO FC by SEM-BCS. Based on my customer's feedback, BO FC is a very flexible tool in terms of Business rules. It supports almost all consolidation scenarios. It is also very user friendly, and follows the way accountants / consolidators "think". Actually, this product was initially developped by accountants, in an internal project.

To answer precisely to your question, here is an extract of SAP presentation about the differences btw BO FC and BPC :

"In certain customer scenarios u201Cextendedu201D consolidation requirements may, however, be required. Where such extended capabilities may be required, SAP BusinessObjects Financial Consolidation may be the more appropriate fit.

+Example of when u201Cextendedu201D consolidation requirements might be required u2026

Highly decentralized, heterogeneous financial reporting environment must be managed:

- Large number of geographically dispersed people involved in the data preparation and submission process

- Unique regional requirements may exist

- Multiple heterogeneous source systems exist

- Submission methods are highly variable by entity/region

- Significant transformation and normalization of data is required

- Limited ability exists to validate data at source requiring significant data validation within the consolidation application, prior to

release of data for consolidation processing+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Collet,

Exactly what I wanted to know, and it is an amazing answer.

Regards,

Alex

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks !

If you are interested, I can send you to SAP presentation.

Just write me an e-mail (cf Business card)

Regards,

Thibaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Thibaud

I am also  worry to decide when is the case to use BPC and when is better to use BFC.

Could you share SAP  presentation to us please?

My e-mail is  [zhou-xiao@asics.co.jp]

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Zhou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thibaud,

I am also toggeling of the Idea for the comparision of BPC Vs BFC.

Could you please share SAP Presentation for the same.

My Email ID is rakeshvastav@yahoo.co.in

Many Thanks in Advance.

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rabie,

Can you please share the presentation to me. My mail id is kishtoo_lgh@rediffmail.com    

Thanks

Harikrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahmoudi,

could you please send me the presentation by e-mail? paulocic@uol.com.br

I'm interested in comparing BO-FC and BO-BPC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thibaud,

I'm a senior BFC consultant and have to work on BPC for a consolidation project.  I'm very interested to have the SAP presentation which compares the two consolidation tools.

Could you please send it to me? My email: wafa.ammar@kpconsulting.fr

Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,

Wafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahibaud Mahmoudi,

Could you please send the Presentation to nkumar56@gmail.com    

Thanks and Best Regards,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please forward your presentation to my e-mail: nestor.araujo-external@solvay.com?

Thanks and best regards

former_member633037
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

Could you share SAP presentation to us please?

My e-mail is  eduardo.hilario@grupopaodeacucar.com.br

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I just bumped into this thread by accident. For those who are still looking for a comparison between BFC and BPC, there might be an interesting article on our website written by one of our consultants doing implementations of both BFC and BPC. It was written in October 2013 but main arguments are still valid.

http://www.element61.be/e/resourc-detail.asp?ResourceId=719

tommybeckers
0 Kudos

Hi Thibaut,

Could you please also send me the presentation via e-mail totommy.beckers@pikon.com

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards,

Tommy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert, i'm so interesting in this area. could you please forward that doc to zzqryna@gmail.com

Great Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thibaut,

I am interesting by this subject. Could you please send me the presentation to my e-mail oussama.lamtouni@gmail.com

Great Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thibaud

I would like to receive a copy of you compairision between BFP and BFC. Is it possible?

Thank you.

António

blu_taz18
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thibaut,

Could you please send me the presentation to my e-mail michellelimcpa@gmail.com

Thank you.

Regards,

Mitch

0 Kudos

Hello Thibaud,

Am also interested in the presentation.

eghhammer@gmail.com

Best regards,

Eric

former_member686358
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi Thibaud,

Appreciate if you can share the document for this comparison SAP BPC vs BFC as we would like to implement SAP Consolidation.

My email address: stevecorner@gmail.com

Thank you for your kind sharing,

Stefanus T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

could you please send me this presentation or the link where I can find it on the SAP Marketplace.

Thanks in advance!

My email : parent.julie@videotron.ca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, this post is 5 years old! a lot has changed, just google what you are looking for, you will have better answers then looking at this 5 year old presentation.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thibaud:)

At the moment i am doing my internship at Accenture in Holland.

For my internship i need to compare BPC vs BOFC. in order to that i need to collect information.

Could you please share the presentation ?

my e-mail is Rab_tomie@live.nl

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Rabie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabie,

Can you please share the presentation to me Please my email id is arunasapco2012@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Aruna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've been asked to attend a training on BPC and would like to know how the tool differ from BFC which we have been using for quite a number of years now.  Could anyone share the presentation mentioned?

My email: ashwin.hariram@standardlife.ca

Thanks

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

Can you please forward the above Presentation to nkumar56 at gmail.com.

regards

N.Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please share the presentation to me at: hohalfa@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Hugo H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to inform you all that i have an comparison of BPC VS BOFC 10

please request the slides from Rab_tomie@live.nl

Best Regards,

Rabie Hamidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabie Hamidi,

Thank you .

Best Regards,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabie Hamidi,

Please fwd me the comparison ppt of BPC, BOFC

@ pratikgilda@gmail.com

Thank You

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BO FC is the ex-Magnitude (editor : Cartesis) that was bought by SAP a few years ago. It is a powerful tool to perform statutory consolidation (especially with complex organizational structures). High level of automatization of the process, but not integrated with the SAP NetWeaver platform yet.

BPC is the ex-Outlooksoft that was also bought by SAP at the same period. It is now based on Microsoft platform or NetWeaver Platform, and thus benefits from strong integration features with the ERP. Consolidation functions are not as powerful as BO FC. More adapted to small groups with basic consolidation needs