cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Install of Data Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a few questions. We have some groups that have requested Data Quality be implemented along with another request for Data Services to be implemented. I've seen the requested for Data Services to be installed on the desktop, but from what I've read, it appears to be best to install this on the server side to allow for more of a central benefit to all.

My questions are:

1. Can Data Services (Server) install X.1 3.2 be installed on the same server as X.I 3.1 SP3 Enterprise?

2. Is the Data Services (CLIENT) Version dependent on if the Data Services (Server) install is completed? Basically can the u201CData Services Designeru201D be used without the Server install?

3. Do we require a new License key for this or can I use the Enterprise Server license key?

4. At this time we are not using this to move data in and out of SAP, just using this to read data that is coming from SAP.

From what I read, DATA Services comes with the SAP BusinessObjects Data Integrator or SAP BusinessObjects Data Quality Management solutions. Right now it's seems we dont have a need for the SAP Connection supplement, but definetly something we would implement in the near future. What would be the recommended architecture? A new Server with tomcat and cmc (seperate from our current BOBJ Enterprise servers)? or can DataServices be installed on the same?

Thank you,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

please find here your answers.

1. Yes - it can.

2. Yes - You can install the DS Designer on a Client without having a DS Server installed....but this wouldnt make any sense!

3. Yes - You require a new key.

4. Thats fine!

DataServices is more like a Solutions. When you read "DataServices" this means Data Integrator with Data Quality.

Check the capabilities of DataServices in regards with SAP Applications as Source and/or Destination. The Integration of DS into SAP Applications is getting tigther and tigther and you as the customer benefit from it.

For DEV and Q&A you can install DS along with your BOE installation. For PROD i would recommend seperate Hardware.

Regards

-Seb.

former_member196113
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have already installed BI 4.0 on one server. Now we want to install Data Services 4.0 on another server.

In the "specify CMS connection information" screen we fill in the correct CMS parameters, but we get the following error:

No valid local SIA nodes exist for the given CMS connection information. You will not be able to install EIM Services (RFC Server, Administrator, Metadata and Viewdata)

Can we use a remote SIA (CMS)?

Also in the "Select Features" screen we can't select the following points:

- Metadata Integrator

- Data Services Management Console

- Data Service APS Services

How we can proceed?

Br

Steven

0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe SAP Note - 1607653 helps.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You ever get this figured out Steven?

We are having the same problem

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution is in SAP Note 1690203.  You have to install APS Services and the Management Console from the Data Services installer on your primary server, then you can do a full Data Services install on your secondary server.

Answers (0)