Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Assembly Processing in Project System

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My Client want to implement Assembly Processing. We have configured the system as per SAP Standard. we are testing this in Quality System along with SD & PP Modules. we have template which contain Material WBS Process WBS & Other Cost WBS But we are getting all cost of material and process cost on one Material WBS after Production order confirmation. How can we divide this cost separately for Material & Process WBS.

As SAP Standard Process we maintained activities for different process also but when we tested this we are not clear about the use of these activities. We are not getting any cost or don't have any relation in any way for these activities.

Please Help me about this Assembly Process.

Thanks

Warm Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member220491
Active Participant

Hi Sunil,

For Assembly processing the following are the steps we need to follow.

Master Data required

1. Create a Standard WBS

2. Create a Standard Network

3. Finished Product that is required to manufacture through assembly process.

4. in T.code CN08 define the relation between Materail/Std WBS/Std Network/Network Type/Network Profile

Settings required In SD Module

1. Define Requirement class with Network type as PS01 or PS04 and with account assignment cat as Q project make to order iif you want all operational as well as materials cost to be accounted at project level with assembly option as 2.

2. define the requirement type and assign the requirement class to requirement typw.

Note: standard settings available in SAP or we can define by our own also.

3. Create a seperate sales document type if required.

Settings in PS

1. In PS if you want all the opeartional cost also to be accounted for at project level from planning onwards then set in t.code OPSV "order level updating" ensure check box for 10 and 20.

Settings in PP

I. Create BOm in T>code CS01

2. Creating Routing for the production operations

Note: For routing we need workcenter and activity types defined already. Cost for activity type in KP26. Not these activity costs related costelements should be part of product costing for cost to flow in all reports as to know the cost of finished product.

Settings in MM

In material master in MRP view we need to set the MRP Group and strategy group relevant for assembly process. As Strategy will have requirement type.

Process in SD/PS/PP

1. Create a Inquiry in VA11

2. Create Quaotation in VA21 wrf to Inquiry

3. Create a Sales order in VA01, while creating sales order, as soon as we assign the material component in SD line item a pop will come for entering std wbs, std ntw, network profile. once we enter this at bottom we can see that scheduling is carried out. Note: if we define material/std wbs/std ntw in CN08 then pop will not come. Now check for errors and save the sales order, at bottom we can see that project order is created. Note: Project number is same as sales order no:

4. in Billing plan tab at item level we can see the milestones for new project.

5. In Sales order we can see that billing lock is set against the milestones.

6.Now open the project in Cj20n and go to network we can see sales order no with line item no.

7. Now verify the mile stones in the project.

8 .check the requirement list in MD04 against the Finished product we can see that requirement is generated againt project wrt to sales order.

9. Run MRP in MDBT/MD02/MD01, based on procurement type in MM , PR's and Pld order will generated. Note: ALL PR's and PLD Orders are account assigned to WBS.

10. Now do Pr>PO>GR>(ALL all accounted against project.

11. Convert Pld order to Production order> release the order> Goods issues against production order.

12. Confirm the Procution order wrt routing operation one by one in CO11N.

13. in cost element reports at projects we can see the cost breakup for all production activities as well as for material.

14. settle the production order.

15. conform all activities in Project.

16. Do billing in SD as when when mile stone reaches to post actual revenues.

17. run RA in KKA2 and save the RA results

18. Run settlement in CJ88

19. set the status of Project as Teco and Clsd.

Pl if you need any more details pl feel free to contact.

thanks

regards

kishore

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Thanks a lot kishore for helping but still we have some problem can you please help

1. Create a Inquiry in VA11 --OK

*2. Create Quaotation in VA21 wrf to Inquiry*--OK

3. Create a Sales order in VA01, while creating sales order, as soon as we assign the material component in SD line item a pop will come for entering std wbs, std ntw, network profile. once we enter this at bottom we can see that scheduling is carried out. Note: if we define material/std wbs/std ntw in CN08 then pop will not come. Now check for errors and save the sales order, at bottom we can see that project order is created. Note: Project number is same as sales order no:---OK

4. in Billing plan tab at item level we can see the milestones for new project.--In sales order i don't see any milestone or any type of setting. can you please tell me about this we are not able to execute milestone billing in our case.

5. In Sales order we can see that billing lock is set against the milestones.---Not Found

6.Now open the project in Cj20n and go to network we can see sales order no with line item no.---OK

7. Now verify the mile stones in the project.--Adding milestone but no effect in billing

8 .check the requirement list in MD04 against the Finished product we can see that requirement is generated againt project wrt to sales order.---No requirement is displayed

9. Run MRP in MDBT/MD02/MD01, based on procurement type in MM , PR's and Pld order will generated. Note: ALL PR's and PLD Orders are account assigned to WBS.---When we execute this MRP this is not picking requirement from project. BOM created by CS01. if we assign material to activity than this MRP is picking requirement from project.

10. Now do Pr>PO>GR>(ALL all accounted against project.--OK

11. Convert Pld order to Production order> release the order> Goods issues against production order.--OK

12. Confirm the Procution order wrt routing operation one by one in CO11N.--OK but we want sageregated cost for material cost and process cost to different WBS as we have material WBS and Process WBS.

13. in cost element reports at projects we can see the cost breakup for all production activities as well as for material.--you mean CJI3 report

14. settle the production order.----where to settle this production order? and how?

15. conform all activities in Project.----OK CN25 or CJ20N

16. Do billing in SD as when when mile stone reaches to post actual revenues.----OK

17. run RA in KKA2 and save the RA results--OK

18. Run settlement in CJ88 ---Not using any settlement

19. set the status of Project as Teco and Clsd.---OK

Now main problem is for cost sagregation to different WBS and milestone not working.

Please help in this regards.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Please see Assembly Processing process by Gubbala srihari with screen shots. It may help you.

Thanks & Regards,

RSVRMurthy.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RSVRMurthy,

Thanks for your reply.

I have referred the above Process by Gubbala but this is standard setting for this process.

whereas i want some clarification about this process. please check previous post regarding clarification. some mail problems are:

-In sales order i don't see any milestone or any type of setting. can you please tell me about this we are not able to execute milestone billing in our case.

-Adding milestone but no effect in billing

-When we execute this MRP this is not picking requirement from project. BOM created by CS01. if we assign material to activity than this MRP is picking requirement from project.

-Not using any settlement

-Sageregation of cost of material and process differently.

Please help if you can

Thanks

Sunil

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. Create a Inquiry in VA11 --OK

*2. Create Quaotation in VA21 wrf to Inquiry*--OK

3. Create a Sales order in VA01, while creating sales order, as soon as we assign the material component in SD line item a pop will come for entering std wbs, std ntw, network profile. once we enter this at bottom we can see that scheduling is carried out. Note: if we define material/std wbs/std ntw in CN08 then pop will not come. Now check for errors and save the sales order, at bottom we can see that project order is created. Note: Project number is same as sales order no:---OK

4. in Billing plan tab at item level we can see the milestones for new project.--In sales order i don't see any milestone or any type of setting. can you please tell me about this we are not able to execute milestone billing in our case.

Ans to Query: For Milestone billing to work you need to do the following settings in SAPSD

1. Create Billing Plan in SD and assign the Billing Plan to Sales Document type you are using. Path: IMGSDBillingBilling Plan

2. In the above node , do settings for Define Billing Plan Types, Define And Assign Date Categories, Maintain Date Proposals For Billing Plan Types, Assign Billing Plan Types To Sales Document Types, Assign Billing Plan Types To Item Categories.

By doing above settings you will get an additional tab u201CBilling Planu201D in Sales order where you can get the milestones generated for new project. For exiting project you can copy milestones to SD from project.

If you want Billing Plan at sales document item level, assign the billing plan type in Item category.

5. In Sales order we can see that billing lock is set against the milestones.---Not Found

Ans to Query: By doing the above settings as in slno 4, you can see the billing block against the milestone*6.Now open the project in Cj20n and go to network we can see sales order no with line item no.*---OK

7. Now verify the mile stones in the project.--Adding milestone but no effect in billing

*Ans to Query : you can see that milestone no in Sales order and Project will be same. Note: Subject to in your standard network you should have milestones, so that we you create a sales order new milestones will get generated wrt to milestones in Std network. So when project is created you can see mile stones are also created.*8 .check the requirement list in MD04 against the Finished product we can see that requirement is generated againt project wrt to sales order.---No requirement is displayed .

To generate the requirements. Check the settings in requirement class.

9. Run MRP in MDBT/MD02/MD01, based on procurement type in MM , PR's and Pld order will generated. Note: ALL PR's and PLD Orders are account assigned to WBS.---When we execute this MRP this is not picking requirement from project. BOM created by CS01. if we assign material to activity than this MRP is picking requirement from project.

10. Now do Pr>PO>GR>(ALL all accounted against project.--OK

11. Convert Pld order to Production order> release the order> Goods issues against production order.--OK

12. Confirm the Procution order wrt routing operation one by one in CO11N.--OK but we want sageregated cost for material cost and process cost to different WBS as we have material WBS and Process WBS.

Ans to Query: This is not possible because in Assembly order processing single account assignment is only possible for the finished products, and for that finished product routing is also account assigned to the WBS assigned to Production order. So operation cost comes and sits in same WBS. If at all you want to track separately you can transfer the actual cost for process to process WBS in tcode:KB11N

Using KB11N tcode we can manual transfer cost from one WBS to another WBS.13. in cost element reports at projects we can see the cost breakup for all production activities as well as for material.--you mean CJI3 report

*Ans to query: Yes you can see in CJI3 report or in SALR_870135452 report also_*14. settle the production order.----where to settle this production order? and how?

*Ans to Query: For assembly processing account assignment is u201CQu201D so automatically in production order we can see the settlement rule is set against the WBS. So the cost from production order is settled to WBS and subsequently from project to the respective receiver as per settlement rule in project.*

15. conform all activities in Project.----OK CN25 or CJ20N

In any of the above tcodes

16. Do billing in SD as when when mile stone reaches to post actual revenues.----OK

17. run RA in KKA2 and save the RA results--OK

18. Run settlement in CJ88 ---Not using any settlement

19. set the status of Project as Teco and Clsd.---OK

Please let me know if you need more clarifications

Regards

kishore

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Jun 1, 2011 11:53 AM

Please do not use bold and underline text message short cuts etc - in future your posts will be removed

Secondly all that you are mentioning is available in SAP Help or in the wiki

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

First of All i want to say thanks from my heart.

I will check all the setting with PP and SD consultant than i will come back to you.

Thanks a lot dear

Warm regards,

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

1. We have checked our setting and maintained as per your reply "In the above node , do settings for Define Billing Plan Types, Define And Assign Date Categories, Maintain Date Proposals For Billing Plan Types, Assign Billing Plan Types To Sales Document Types, Assign Billing Plan Types To Item Categories."

But when we maintain date proposal for billing plans it will take today's date and billing date. if we set this will take this as default every time as per our team discussion. after maintaining this settings in SD we are getting billing tab but this is in gray mode (not editable).

2. MRP is not displaying any requirement if we use WBS BOM and does not assign material in Network activity and if if use simple BOM and assign material to Network than this is showing MRP. what is the use of WBS BOM.

3. For Settlement we will use settlement profile as 90 which is default and not settlement profile. can we use this to execute and closure.

Please reply.

Thanks

Sunil

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The advantages of WBS BOM is if your producing product specific to a project then you can use it, menas project wise you can have a BOM.

If any additional info on assembly processing required please let me know.

thanks

kishore

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

We have configured and now it shows Billing Plan tab in sales order header and item level. i have confirmed milestone in project for today's date but while doing down payment request this gives "Item category ZJR4 MTAQ cannot be invoiced with billing type FAZ". and when we assign this FAZ in sales document types in Order related bill type this gives another error.

So my idea is to change item category assignment in sales document Item level in SPRO.

Please suggest me what to do.

Thanks

Sunil

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Item category ZJR4 MTAQ cannot be invoiced with billing type FAZ

This due to missing copying control config (TCode VTFA) between your Sales Order ZJRA & Billing Doc FAZ for Item Category MTAQ.

For this, either take assistance of SD consultant

or In TCode VTFA copy standard copying control for Tgt Billing FAZ & Source Sales Doc type OR.

Where while copying you can replace OR which your sales doc type ZJRA.

Then create a new entry for your Item Cat MTAQ by copying Standard Item Cat TAO in copying control

I hope this can suffice your requirement.

Thanks & Regards

JP

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

We have configured Copy Control Configuration VTFA. But now this is again giving some error in header level as Error in accounting interface.

i think we have to maintain Item category Assignment via VOV4.

Please guide us

Thanks

Sunil

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It fine you ahve Item Cat determination in place for yoour Item Cat in VOV4. But, as it is a Z Item Cat there is fair chance that this might not be maintain in Copying Control VTFA (Sales order to billing) in Item section.

There can be mainly possibilities for account interface error. But let quote very common possibilities:

1. Pricing procedure not maintain with Down Payment condition type AZFP - Down Pay.Fixed Price or AZWR - Down Pay./Settlement

2. faulty/incomplete account determination

To brief idea about account interface error.

In your billing doc, check analysis for revenue account determination.

For That go to environment - acc determination analysis. - revenue account

Thanks & Regards

JP

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

We have maintained in configuration as below:

VOV4: ZJR4 (Sales order type)-NORM (Item cat group)- MTAQ (High level item cat)- MTAE (item cat)- TAO (manual item cat).

VTFA: FAZ (Down payment request) in Target billing type, ZJR4 in source sales doc type, Copying req as 001 & in item level item cat as MTAQ.

Let me check with our FICo consultant.

Thanks

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

As per your reply i have checked my billing document but revenue account determination is in display mode.

in this billing document header level posting status is showing error in Accounting interface.

please guide us for this as our FI consultant is not in office so if you have any solution please share.

thanks

Sunil

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, check in your sales order - Environment - Analysis - Account Determination.

If it is Grey out then you need to check your pricing procedure determination(OVKK) for your billing doc.

Then check account keys assigned to your condition types in your pricing procedure (V/08).

And accordingly check revenue account determination (VOKA).

Also check your Item Cat

- Pricing

- Statistical value

Thanks & Regards

JP

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

I have checked all the configuration as per your reply and according to me only one mistake is there about accounting key.

in pricing procedure accounting key is not assigned. their is no other mistake. but when i checked after assigning account key to pricing this is still giving same error.

please reply

Thanks

Sunil

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reference on Standard pricing procedure RVAA03 - Standard w. Fixed Down Payment

Also, check your config of account determination for

- Controlling

- Profit center

Thanks & Regards

JP

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Milestone is released, the Billing Block in the Sale Order will be removed. If that is one of your problem.

Regards,

Shareeq

Edited by: K M AHAMED SHAREEQ HUSSAIN on Jun 8, 2011 10:02 AM

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got the milestone and removed billing block.

now we are facing different problem about cost segregation. we have to segregate this cost by using KB11N. but this is manual method and our client want it automatically segregated material and process cost to different WBS. so that they will able to check and analyze the cost. currently when we check report CNS41 this is showing cost under single WBS. so how this can be possible to segregate this cost while processing.

we have MTO scenario.

your suggession will be helpful for us.

Thanks

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got the milestone and removed billing block.

now we are facing different problem about cost segregation. we have to segregate this cost by using KB11N. but this is manual method and our client want it automatically segregated material and process cost to different WBS. so that they will able to check and analyze the cost. currently when we check report CNS41 this is showing cost under single WBS. so how this can be possible to segregate this cost while processing.

we have MTO scenario.

your suggestion will be helpful for us.

Thanks

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Please share your views.

Thanks

Sunil

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

In MTO senario especially in assembly order processing all your operational process cost and Materails cost will be accounted to single WBS, because while designing product costing for Finished product your rawmaterail cost and operational cost from routing are considered. So when you assign a Finished product in a sales order, it will be account assigned to a single wbs so that all your costs will posted to that WBS only, and you can see for each line item in sale order a seperate network is created in the project where you can see the sales order no and line item. if at all user needs to track them seperately then only work arround is to transfer the cost from one WBS to another in KB11N.

thanks

regards

kishore

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

according to my client we have created WBS like Material (Inbound & External), process (Internal and external), Other cost.

and while creating sales order this will create these WBS along with one network and activities. So what is the use of these type of activities which are not being used in project all cost and revenue will captured by single WBS where we assign material to be delivered.

One more problem we are getting in this while testing.

when we plan cost through CJ40 and all process is done up to delivery than when we check report this will show Cost planned through CJ40 + Cost of material and Process.

From where this plan cost is coming ?

please comment on this.

Thanks

Sunil

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sunil,

if you have planned cost in CJ40 and you are getting values in report as CJ40 planned value+ cost of metrials+operation cost, then chek your setting in t:code OPSV "order value updating" is it activated for "10". if it is activated for 10, then as soon as you start processing your production order the plan values will come automatically from production order and these values will be added to you WBS as plan values. If in OPSv it is checked remove the check box.

Regarding the other issue of different WBS you have created it is only for reporting purpose to see the cost seperately for materaisl as well as for operational cost. But in assembly process it is accounted to only single wbs, where as u need to do actual cost transfer manually. Or you can do one more thing is just create a Zreport in report painter and pull the values for operational cost and materials cost seperately through value categories. Means you need to create two value categories one for secondary costs and other for primary costs, with this you can avoid actual cost transfer.

Hope this helps you

thanks regards

kishore

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Thanks for replying,

In OPSV we have activated as below:

10 Addit. (Not activated) Assign Fund in plan (Activated)

20 addit. (Activated) Assign Fund in plan (Activated)

Please tell me whether i have to remove the check from 20 or activate check for 10.

in this process we are getting one more problem while PGI before some time this is removed by changing tex classification but now this is creating problem.

error is

Special stock 9005 Q 1000372094 00040317 AP-BP-MS-NOG-HKB-1 of this material does not exist

whereas finished good is showing under project stock.

please share your views for this also

Thanks

Sunil

Edited by: sunilyadav786 on Jun 21, 2011 5:20 PM

Edited by: sunilyadav786 on Jun 21, 2011 5:27 PM

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please suggest some solution for below error during delivery.

E M7 076

Special stock 9005 Q 1000372100 00040326 SS-FL-VS-A03-SNP-1 of this material does not exist

please advice some valuable inputs.

Thanks

Sunil

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Please check in your delivery document as below

select the line item then in menu select Environment--> Availability, it should show the stock available.

or

Check in mmbe whether this material is availabe in the plant and storage location from where you r trying to deliver. Because while receiving the stock if it is stored in different storage loaction and plant also this error may happen.

or

Try and check with your SD consultant also i feel if WM is active then you need to do transfer order before you can do PGI.

Thank you

regards

kishore

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi sunil

continution to my earlier reply

check the following notes whether applicable to your landscape: Note no: 30254 or 64448 or 987660

also check your stock availability in CO09

thanks

kishore

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Please check in your delivery document as below
select the line item then in menu select Environment--> Availability, it should show the stock available.

i have checked this and material available

Check in mmbe whether this material is availabe in the plant and storage location from where you r trying to deliver. Because while receiving the stock if it is stored in different storage loaction and plant also this error may happen.

9005 is finished product storage location so this is correct

check your stock availability in CO09

i have checked this is also showing stock available.

Please share some views

thanks

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Please check this error

MT-XX-3T-A03-MNJ-1 Mounting for AC 3 Tier 1.000 KG 1000372114

E M7 076

Special stock 9005 Q 1000372114 00040344 MT-XX-3T-A03-MNJ-1 of this material does not exist

we have checked this by transfer stock and by changing movement type but this problem is not solved till now.

we are unable to find the solution for this. we have checked the stock. please guide for this error.

thanks

Sunil

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please share your views about below Problem while doing PGI using VL01N.

MT-XX-3T-A03-MNJ-1 Mounting for AC 3 Tier 1.000 KG 1000372114

E M7 076

Special stock 9005 Q 1000372114 00040344 MT-XX-3T-A03-MNJ-1 of this material does not exist

We have checked stock this exist in stock but not picking/deliver this.

Please give some idea about this.

Thanks

Sunil

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Jul 1, 2011 9:57 PM

This thread is now locked as I can see multiple questions in there and you are deviating from the subject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search the forum or refer SAP Help. You will get a lot of pointers that explain about Assembly Processing. Revert with any specific issues.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gokul Pillai,

I have checked the SAP Help and i dont see any specific solution for this.

Why we are using activities in assembly processing where we are not booking any cost or no relation with other thing.

how to separate cost of Material and Process on different WBS because when we are testing this in quality system, after production order confirmation this material cost and process cost is coming on WBS where we have assigned material BOM in Project.

Please check this

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/AssemblyProcessingwithSAPPS

Please help me if you have any suggestion.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do not use network activities if you are not monitoring or booking anything on network activity. You will need to make at least one activity if you plan to link material codes. Assembly processing is suppose to replace the production orders. Here you are suppose to use network as production order . I am not sure why you are using production order.

Regards,

Mahendra

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahender,

As per client requirement we have PP, SD, FI, MM, PS modules for business process. Process is as follows:

Enquiry VA11

Quotation VA21

Define payment & release quotation VA22

create sales order VA01

BOM Creation CS01

Assignment of milestone CJ20N

Assign material

Cost planning CJ40

Budgeting CJ30

release project

release first milestone

create down payment request with ref to sales order VF01

Receive down payment from customer f.29

Run MRP MD02

View stoc or requirement generated in project MD04

convert plan order to production order CO40

release & save CO40

confirmation of Production order & goods movement CO11

release 2nd Milestone from billing CJ20N

2ns milestone for 40% VF01

create dispatch advice VL01N

release milestone from projct for final billing CJ20N

final billing VF01

and accounting documents processed

for this process we need PP & in this process we are not allocating any cost to any N/W Activity. this is used for only if we assign material to project. and whole cost is coming to same WBS only after Production order confirmation. We want to saperate this cost in respective WBS like material cost in Material WBS and process cost in Process WBS.

One more problem we are facing in Billing when we are trying to execute milestone billing this complete billing for 100% at once. what are the steps to make this happen in milestone billing.How to transfer billing milestone in sales order for removing billing blocks.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think the process that you have seems to be not correct/or not clearly explained here.

If you produce material using PP then the BOM components can't be in project structure and it is not the SAP standard assembly processing.

If you use network for producing the finished good, then you can have activities defined only for Process and only for material and these could be assigned to different WBS for cost reporting as process and material separately.

If you are using production order for producing finished good, then you can look at settlement as an option to seggregate the costs and settle to two different WBS for reporting.

Regards

Amal

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

"I think the process that you have seems to be not correct/or not clearly explained here."

We have executed this process without milestone and trying for the process using milestone. Our problem is to segregate the cost of material and process where currently we are getting both cost on Material WBS only.

"If you produce material using PP then the BOM components can't be in project structure and it is not the SAP standard assembly processing."

We have executed this process by assigning Finished good to activity but according to me this can be executed without assigning material to any activity by creating WBS BOM. am i right?

"If you use network for producing the finished good, then you can have activities defined only for Process and only for material and these could be assigned to different WBS for cost reporting as process and material separately."

This can be solution but client want to produce good using PP Module.

"If you are using production order for producing finished good, then you can look at settlement as an option to seggregate the costs and settle to two different WBS for reporting."

Can you please describe with details about this settlement process by which we can segregate this cost.

If you have any document for Assembly Processing reference Please share with me. This can help me a lot.

Regards

Sunil