cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Between SAP CRM and BOBJ edge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have a requirement to integrate the SAP CRM 7.0 with the BOBJ edge and the BI system is not present in the landscape.

I have searched many links on sdn or SMP but couldn't able to find the require guide for integration between CRM and BOBJ.

I have checked the guide for EP-Bi-BOBJ integration but the problem here is that the irj portal for CRM doesn't exist then how can we configure the SSO between the BOBJ and CRM.

Kindly assist how I must proceed?

Regards

Saurabh Mishra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We are using BOBJ Edge 3.1 and our requirement is to to generate the cert.der or .p12 (keystroke) certificate to configure the SSO between the BOBJ Edge and SAP CRM.

Kindly help to find out the specific document for the BOBJ Edge to configure the SSO.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Saurabh Mishra

0 Kudos

Hi,

check this Guide on chapter 5:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000559912010E/xi31_sp3_bip_sap_inst_en.pdf

You need an S-User for Login.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seb

I have already gone through the link you have provided...but this is specific for Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP3 but here i need to perform the activity on Business Objects Edge series.

Would the procedure be same for both the versions?

because i am unable to locate the tool for generating KEYSTORE in BOBJ Edge server.please help me.

Thanks

Bhanu

0 Kudos

Hi,

the process is the same for EDGE as for Enterprise.

You generate the keys with the "sapgenpse.exe" tool which comes with the SAP Cryptographic Library

The SAP Cryptographic Library is not shipped with EDGE/Enterprise. You have to download is seperate from the SAP SMP.

Regards

-Seb.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the WIKI you pointed out is not for SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 - it is for SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 so it does not apply to your system.

take a look at the installation guide for the SAP Integration Kit, which outlines all steps necessary for setting up the SAP authentication and SSO.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Ingo Hilgefort,

I have done all the steps for implementing SSO between BO and CRM web UI. but it is not working to me.

Summary of my workflow

1. created roles in CRM & BW

2. imported CRM & BW roles & users into BO

2.1 user alias done

3. Enabled SAP authentication

4. Generated keystore & certification at BO Side

5. imported BO certification into BW & CRM ( in ACL are I have mentioned system as CRD for CRM system and its client. same to BW system as well. Am I correct? please correct me )

6. exported BW certificate into CRM and the same way exported CRM certificate into BW by using client 000

7. uploaded keystore file into BO

8. changed settings of BILaunchpad.properties & OpenDocument.properties files

9. configured BO opendocument url (http://XXXXXX-XXX.XXXXXX.XXX:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/1402060926/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.face...) into CRM web UI (Is this generated OpenDocument url format is correct or wrong?)

But no luck.

please correct me where I did mistake and also tell me did I miss any steps?

Advanced thanks.

Suresh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I have installed the Integration kit in the edge series and also successfully imported the CRM roles, now my doubt is that how can I exchange the certificates between CRM and BOBJ edge to configure the SSO. I am not able to find the required document to generate the cert.der or .p12 (keystroke) certificate however below link explains the geneartion of certificate in BO 4.0 but it seems that in edge version PKCS12Tool doesn't exist.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/GeneratekeystoreandcertificateforSAPBO+BI4.0

Regards

Saurabh Mishra

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using SAP BUsinessObjects 4.0 as part of RampUp or are you using SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

I am also facing the exact issue and having the same scenario as explained in this blog...here i am using BOBJ Edge series and want to configure ticket based SSO between BOBJ Edge 3.1 and SAP( in my case this is SAP CRM-ABAP).

can you please put the points how to do it.

i am following the below given steps.

1)Installaed BOBJ Edge 3.1

2)Installed Integration KIT 3.1

3)Done the transports in SAP(CRM ABAP).

4)SAP Authentication is now available in CMC and i am able to login to the CMC with SAP credentials.

5)Activated the two parameters in SAP to create and accept logon tickets.

login/accept_sso2_ticket

login/create_sso2_ticket

6)Now i want to generate the cert.der file in BOBJ Edge server and Import it into SAP using STRUSTSSO2 transaction but i have no idea how to do this.

Please tell me if i am going in the right direction to acieve it. or please provide any guidance so that i can proceed with the same.

Thanks

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo/Sebastian for your quick reply,

Here is our exact scenario.

We are having BOBJ edge server and SAP CRM Server,we don't have BI/BW in our landscape(OS/DB are HP-UX/Oracle).

our client wants to use it's CRM portal to view the BOBJ reports and we are not clear how to proceed.can you please suggest the correct approach to achieve it.

here are our thoughts regarding this.

SAP Java connector and Integration Kit installation on BOBJ server.

Deploying EP,EP core Java add-ins on CRM java stack--because we are unable to login to /irj/portal

Configure SSO between BOBJ and CRM ABAP(will follow the same steps which i did in integrating BOBJ with BI ABAP) but not sure if it is a correct approach.

Configure SSO and Integrationg CRM ABAP with CRM Java stack.

Now please suggest if the above given steps are correct or not,if not please guide us through it.

your help is highly appreciable.

Thanks

Saurabh Mishra

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

did you look at the material mentioned above ?

the material is not module specific and configuring the SAP authentication is the same workflow for a CRM system or for a BW system.

regards

Ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

non of the parts of the SAP Integration Kit is module specific - so when people talk about an integration with SAP ERP those items also apply to SAP CRM.

In case you wanna integrate it with SAP Portal, take a look here:

Portal Part 1

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2010/03/29/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-sap-enterprise-portal--part-1-of-4

Portal Part 2

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2010/03/30/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-sap-enterprise-portal-part-2-of-4

Portal Part 3

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2010/04/08/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-sap-enterprise-portal--part-3-of-4

Portal Part 4

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2010/04/21/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-and-sap-enterprise-portal--part-4-of-4

In case you want to integrate with CRM UI you can leverage the OpenDocument application in the same way but you need to make sure the CRM UI is handing over a SAPSSO2 ticket.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

We have trying to integrate CRM with BOBJ 4.0 and I found this thread. Is it possible to pass SAPSSO2 ticket from CRM UI to BoBJ launch pad so that when user leave CRM UI to BOBJ, it would be sign-signed on. Please advise. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

what kind of SSO do you want to accomplish?

SSO from Portal to BO Reports?

SSO from BO Server to CRM Backend?

Regards

-Seb.