We are seeing an issue with the FTP Adapter Communication Channel in SAP PI 7.1. When the communication channel is connecting to a FTP Server and if the connection request timeout ( ex: SFTP Server down ) we see a connection error .
However the overall communciation channel status doesnot refelct it and it is still in GREEN status. The status being wrong doesnt raise an adapter CCMS alert. Also we are seeing that the communication channel stops all connection attempts after the failure for that communication channel.
Wanted to check if anyone has seen or encountered the issue and how did you get past the problem.
Thanks in advance..
Could you please let me know whether it is sender communication channel or receiver ?
Also please check below.
1. Java messaging system queues are free or hanged ?
2. Please mention time out paramter in the channel.
3. Did you try Start/Stop the channel.
Please get back to me.
Edited by: Schin_Sharma on May 26, 2011 9:39 AM
1. It happens with both the receiver and sender communication channels.
2. JAVA Message queues are still free as it does process messages from other channels, just that it does not process anything from this channel.
3. Timeout Parameters have been maintained for all communication channels.
4. Start / Stop does work but that is a temporary fix. As no alerts were raised for the failure and the channel status is still GREEN.
1. The FTP server ping work from PI and also from within adapter framework if we start/stop the channel.
2. CPA content cache is updated and again to say start/stop of channel does make it work...except it doesnot solve the core issue as next time we see an issue with another channel ( different Server ).
This is a very random behavior.