cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The attributes of the user are inconsistent or not defined. See PPOMA_BBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a free text SC and after approval by the manager, the SC was routed to the Sourcing cockpit as I had activated sourcing for the product category that was ordered.

Now in the SOCO, when I select my SC and click on the 'Next' button, I get an error : "The attributes of the user are inconsistent or not defined. See transaction PPOMA_BBP."

I have defined the following attributes for my purchaser

Acct assgnmnt Categry --- (Cost centre)

Acct system for vendor --- (ECC logical system)

Company code --- (XXX)

Cost centre --- (XXXXX)

Del address --- (XXXXX)

Doc type in R/3 --- (ECPO)

Local currency --- (EUR)

Mov type --- (201)

System Alias --- (ECC logical system)

System alias for accounting system --- (ECC logical system)

System alias for vendor --- (ECC logical system)

User role --- (employee/op purchaser/st purchaser)

Which other attribute do I need to define? Is there something that I have missed?

Strangely it works fine if I give my user SAP_ALL profile!!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

run se38 bbp_check_consistency report for that user . see any red color error attribute missing.

hope that user was assigned to org structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu,

I ran the report mentioned by you but everything is in green.(Attributes for the user are correct)

Regards

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may try to implement this note and test it

Note 1515332 - SC monitor: Error when displaying shopping cart

Symptom

Login as Admin and goto Shopping Cart Monitor. Open a Shopping Cart.

If the creator of the shopping cart is no longer working for the company (that is, the relevant user is locked), the system issues an error popup stating "The attributes of the user are inconsistent or not defined. See transaction PPOMA_BBP."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

But this is not my symptom.

My symptom is: When I login as a purchaser in the SOCO and try to create a PO for an incomplete SC, I get the said message. (Not because my user has left the company or is locked).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check whether product category has been defined in PPOSA_BBP for purchaser.

regards,

hitesh bahri

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have maintained a * entry for product category under extended attributes. So that is not an issue.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any updates regarding this issue? I have the same issue after upgrading from SRM 5 to 7, but in another situation. When I login with a purchaser (with op. purchaser role) the menu's are shown, but when I want to open a purchase order or shopping cart via the POWL I get the error you described.

Funny enough, when I add the employee role aswell, all works fine..... I have added all additional authorizations from the employee role which were not in the purchaser role, but the problem is not solved.\

Did you manage to solve it in the mean time??

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have solved the problem for my specific case: It was due to missing authorization 'Human Resources' - 'Personnel Planning'.

I adjusted the authorization for my purchaser role and added the HR authorization as configured in the standard employee role. Now it works fine with only the purchase role.

Hope this helps for others aswell.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even we had the same issue and it was because of missing authorization for PLOG authorization object.Issues was resolved when we provided the auth for PLOG

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva

What role have your user in the SU01????

Have you define the attribute BUK?

You have a problem with the authority of documents, you can check it if you make a trace (transaction st01) or you can see that authorization object don´t have your user in the transaction SU53...after that you execute the action...

Regards

Alfie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfie,

The Purchaser has the following roles under SU01 : /SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER & /SAPSRM/ST_PURCHASER.

Also the attribute BUK is define in the org structure at the company level.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siva,

kindly check your roles, regenrate those again with user comparison.

hope it will solve the issue.

regards,

Hitesh Bahri

0 Kudos

As suggested by Hitesh, regenerate the role by double-clicking the roles assigned to the user till the indicator is green and then check.

Thanks

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hitesh & Velu,

I did regenerate the role and it is in green now. Still it does not work.

However I noticed that when I ran the attribute check for Purchaser's position, I got the following errors.

Application 'RFx': Assign purchaser PURCHASER1 to a purchasing organization

Message no. BBP_ATTR_CHECK151

Diagnosis

User PURCHASER1 has a purchaser's authorizations but is not assigned to any purchasing organization.

System Response

Purchaser PURCHASER1 (position S 50000015) cannot run the EBP applications RFx without encountering errors.

Procedure

Assign a purchasing organization to purchaser PURCHASER1 (position S 50000015). Select an organization unit above the purchaser and select the property 'purchasing organization' on the 'Function' tab.

I have already done the above, all org units have a function that links them to backend ECC. Why is it still prompting me with the same error?

Regards

0 Kudos

Try the consistency check for the purchase department ( org unit) too. check the entire chain of purchase org, groups and responsibilities -- is this properly configured?. try to add the manager role to the user and check.

thanks

velu

0 Kudos

is this note "1435554" relevant for your issue?. Pl check.

thnks

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Velu,

We implemented the attached correction instructions in this note but that did not help.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check your purchaser is assigned to a Purchase group and that purchase group is assigned to the right Purch Org with backend ERP? Generally this type of error comes when the user does not have assigned to the proper Purchase group, Purch org OR if the product category was not assigned to the user in Extended attributes OR if the user does not have proper roles OR if the user does not have BP generated.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Thanks for the response.

Purchaser assignment to Purch grp needs to be done manually??

Purch org is linked to correct Purch org from ECC.Product category is assigned in the extended attributes,roles are correct, BP is generated.

Where and how do I assign that Purchaser is a Purchaser for this Purch grp?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to assign the user under the Purchase group so that the user will get all purchase org assignments(Co.code>P org>Purch grp) and can perform the purchaser activities. Try this and it should work.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, my Purchaser is under the Purch group. I thought there is some manual setting where I have to declare that this Purchaser belongs to this Purch Grp. (Something like PP01)

Anymore inputs?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this user under same node as your ID? If not, maintain that and test it by logoff and login back.If it is working for your ID then it should be something related to the user and nothing to do with OSS notes.

Thnaks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

I did not get the 'Your id' thing..?

This user (purchaser) is under a purch grp which inturn in under a Purch org.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean your USER. Make sure your user and purchaser are under same node and check.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, should my USER also be a purchaser or an employee?

And you are sure we dont need to assign this purchaser to a purch grp via PP01?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you said your user is working fine, get the purchaser user under the same node of yours and test. Generally speaking all purchasers should be assigned under a purchase group in org structure. There is no need of PP01.

Where is your user maintained on org str? Is it assigned to any purchase group?

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish,

I am still confused about 'USER' thing.

My users (employees who create SC) are under a user department and my purchaser is under a purch grp (which has the responsibility of this user department)

I have not created any user for MYself in the org structure.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your first thread you meantioned "Strangely it works fine if I give my user SAP_ALL profile!!". I thought it worked for yourself and not for purchaser.

OK...what profiles have been assigned for this user?

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Ohh...that user I was referring to is basically this purchaser itself! Sorry for the confusion.

This purchaser has opertional and strategic purchaser role in backend and corresponding portal roles too. So if I give him SAP_ALL, then it works fine.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

These roles are fine for the purchaser to perform SOCO activities. Check SU53 and see if any auth are missing. Also, add SRM ADMIN role and check if it works. If Admin role works then the issue is with security authorizations.

Regards,

Jagadish

tayyeb_52
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please run consistency check for requestor of shopping cart

Users_gen, bbp_attr_check

Regards

Tayyeb Najam