Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context selection in webi

former_member182342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have developed one webi report. But when i run that report,it prompt me to select context Screen and after selecting context its shows input parameter screen.Pls tell me how to set default context in such report, so it will not prompt for selecting context after refreshing report.

Waiting for reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Anish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anish,

if your reports are prompting u for a context that means some of your objects have multiple business reasons. go back to yyour universe and study the contexts that the designer has created. now for your report for a particular query u will need only one unique context . if you know what it is then pull additional objects into the query that will lock your fetch from a single context in that way u have avoided the selection of the contexts.

another global way to prevent the context : recommended only if the change doesn't impact other applications on your db.

go to universe file..>parameterrs...>SQL...>check : multiple sql statements for each context.

this will intead of asking for context selection will generate 2 different sqls for each context

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go to Edit Query, then to the properties tab of your query you can fix this. The bottom option (I'm assuming XI3.1) is about contexts. Here you can de-select the option to "Reset contexts on refresh".