cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Password management in SAP 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

Is there any way to enable self password management in SAP 4.7 (ABAP)?

My requirement is user have to Unlock/Reset his own SAP ID and get confirmation to his own mail address mapped in SAP.

This is just to avoid the routine activity of Helpdesk and obviously to reduce the resource utilization.

What I am planning is

Create a tcode with two buttons - for unlock and reset

(This tcode calls FMs in background to unlock and reset the password of user ID)

Create a user, assign above tcode to role and attach to him.

Give common password without password restrictions (minimum digits, charac etc)

Publish the process on SAP screen to brief the process.

Here what will happen is If user ID got locked, user opens other session with the user id and password provided on SAP front screen, enters SAP ID, checks the radio button and executes...then user recieves and email on his mail id about the change.

Challenge I expect here is

I have password related parameters configured in my SAP system - I want to exclude this user for password restrictions

I have multi workstation login disabled in my landscape - I want to exclude this user from this (Because users cannot access from multi workstations which causes to delay in unlocking/resetting)

Request you to rview and reply with your valuable ideas.

*I have raised this query some time earlier but haven't received ideas/inputs

Regards,

Nick Loy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>I have password related parameters configured in my SAP system - I want to exclude this user for password restrictions.

I dont remeber exactly the Service user type comes on this password policy or not may be you can check it.

I have multi workstation login disabled in my landscape - I want to exclude this user from this (Because users cannot access from multi workstations which causes to delay in unlocking/resetting)

You can add this parameter and the specific user name to allow multiple login.

login login/disable_multi_gui_login = UserA

apart from these two i think you should also think how you will monitor this user if someone enter the password wrong multiple time, as well as how you will control to reseting the password of other user's also.

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....Thanks for your inputs and queries.

You can add this parameter and the specific user name to allow multiple login.
login login/disable_multi_gui_login = UserA

Correct parameter is login/multi_login_users=Username

apart from these two i think you should also think how you will monitor this user if someone enter the password wrong multiple time, as well as how you will control to reseting the password of other user's also.

This is simple - It unlocks only the IDs which got locked by unsuccesfull attempts (I will maintain in script)

It sends the new password only to the owner of SAP ID (No other user will receive)

If anybody misuses, we can have the system/Audit logs to check the work station and user details

Regards,

Nick Loy