cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsious with BO 4.0. Universe not visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use Dashboard design with Business Objects 4.0 but having problems seeing the Universe. Tried connecting the Universe to the Dashboard design through the Add Query in the Query Browser but the Universe is not visible even after giving the BO credentials.

The Universe can be accessed through Webi though. Please let me know on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

pradeep_putty
Explorer
0 Kudos

just go to

applications area in CMC and

go to web service

user security and

add the group from which you are trying to access the unx in dashboard design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing same problem.

1) My universe is based on SAP BW system ( Created from Infocube) and this is  ".UNV" format ( Created via Universe design tool).

2) From WebI i am able to see and access this universe.

3) Tried to access File --> Open from Platform--> Dashboard Objects/Xcelsius object, But not worked , no universe abailable.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

pradeep_putty
Explorer
0 Kudos

In 4.0 you can access only UNX universes in dashboard designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am facing the same problem but no success.

Once credentials are entered and system connects, the whole area where 'Select a Universe' would appear is grayed out .

Only Back, Next  and cancel are options available.

Please help.

Thanks Seema

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to apply this note

SAP Note# 1575451

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apply the last Service Pack o SP2 Patch 9 and run WDeply. This worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Having the same issue.

Please advise on any other solutions that you may have.

Thanks,

Zenab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Did anyone find a solution to this issue? Iu2019m having the same exact issue as Ram.

Once credentials are entered and system connects, the whole area where 'Select a Universe' would appear is grayed out as if there is a program issue.

Only Back, Next and cancel are options available.

I have already tried the two suggestions above but neither worked.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow SAP Note 1626965. This solved my problem.

1. Logon to Central Management Console (CMC).

2. Go to Applications.

3. Now double click on Web Service and go to Properties.

4. Update the Access URL as mentioned below and click on Save & Close:

http://<WebServer>:8080/dswsbobje

5. Launch Dashboard Design, open Query Browser, click on Add Query and enter BusinessObjects Enterprise logon credentials.

6. Notice that the Add Query window appears with the list of universes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Zahid. It worked for me. I am getting another error after selecting an universe that is "Datasource not found XLS 000006" Any solution? I would really appreciated it.

Regards,

Pad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have similar problem Error(XLS 000006) in Dashboard Design with Access an MS SQL databases and tried with different connections - ODBC doesn't work so I tried to prepare .unx file with OLE DB connection and problem still exists - only in Dashboard Design. I had the same problem with Webi but resolved when installed newer Adobe Player. Webi worsks well and I can use my .unx in Webi and cannot use it in Dashboard Design Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Monika

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have the same problem. We are unsing BW as relational connection and published the universe as unx. However, when I try to create a new query in Xcelsius, we don't see anything but empty screen.

Does Query Browser support BW relational unx universes at all? We are on the latest SP and FPs. Qaaws do not support unx universes either. How are we supposed to connect these universes to dashboards? It is really one huge question. :((((

This is really annoying.

If anyone has a solution, please let us know.

Thanks.

Adem_Baykal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For all others who have still this isse,

do this as a workaround if this is not fixed already!

1. Open Dashboards.

2. Click on "File" and select "Open from Platform".

3. Enter your BOE credentials.

4. Now you see a window where you can open dashboards from platform.

5. Dont select a dashboard - just close the window.

6. Now create a new dashboard with Dashboard Designer.

7. Click on Query Browser and if anything works you will see a list of available .unx universes.

Regards,

Adem

kevin_joyner
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had this problem as well. The symptom is that the screen comes up as a solid color beige as if its an application issue. If it was that no universes of the correct type existed I would think you'd get a white center section that is blank.

I noticed that it was using adobe flash to display this dialog box so I downloaded and installed the latest adobe flash for IE and rebooted. Problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Only .unx Universes developed using Information Design Tool (IDT) will be available in Query Browser of Dashboard Design 4.0.

We have created a new Universe using IDT and published to the repository. Only then we could able to see the published .unx Universes in Query Browser -> Add Query of Dashboard Design 4.0

Regards,

Vamsee

bhaveshdoshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have universe (unx) created in IDT 4.0 SP01 but we still cannot see the universe under the query builder. Our unx file is based on MS SSAS (OLAP universe). Though I can see other RDBMS unx under the query builder.

Is OLAP universe supported by Dashboard Designer Add query? Has anyone faced the same issue?

Cheers,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dashboards 4.0 can only display/connect to a relational UNX universe (and not an OLAP UNX).

Regards

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, colleagues

We have the same problem. BO XI 4.0 SP01 Patch level 4

Regards, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you solved the problem i am facing the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed,

Can you confirm these three things:

1) you are looking for a unx universe.

2) the unx universe sits atop a relational database, not an OLAP data source

3) the user you're logging in as can see the universe (say, when you log into the CMC)

It's also worth checking that you have the latest flash version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Do you use .unx universe or .unv universe ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the BO credentials are passed in the add query the whole screen is blank. At the bottom I have the icons Next, back and cancel and the rest is blank. I cannot see any universes to select. The one we are planning to use is .unx.

Thanks for replying.

Ram