I have found an odd anomily when using the leave request. We have multiple languages set up (Dutch, English and French), but when we request leave and go to the Show Overview of Leave the Used column does not get translated.
i.e. when I request leave while logged on in English for a day it sets the used to 8 Hours, when I then log on in French the Used column still says 8 Hours instead of 8 Heures. All the other fields/columns (Type of Leave and Status) get translated, just not the hours.
It seems that in whatever language the request was made, that is the language set for the column Used.
Is there a solution for this?
Thanks in advance.
Is the Hours the default SAP supplied heading? Looks like ur team has added this or changed the heading.
From personalization you can change the heading. So login into the corresponding language and do the personalization and change the Hours text to that language.
If you are supporting 10 languages, u have to do personalization 10 times(, or if its coming from back end make sure it has language conversion. Also check the xlf file of Leave application from NWDS)
As far as I know we have changed nothing in this iview, nor is the heading the problem. The name (header) of the column is called "Used", which is fine. This gets translated fine as well.
But when you make a leave request for say 1 day an entry is added with the value 8 Hours in this column. A request for 2 days will say 16 Hours etc.
Now when I made this request logged in with language English and then change to French I still see 8 (or 16) Hours instead of 8 Heures. The cloumn is called Epuisés in French.
Perhaps an image will make it more clear:
Testing it via PTARQ yields the same values, I get 8 Hours, 8 Uren and 8 Heures while logged on in English. Does this mean that the application itself does not translate the values?
You are right in saying the key users will most likely never have this issue. They will probably not change their language setting.
Still it's interesting behaviour and it would be nice to get this solved.
Your issue is clear after seeing the image.
Yours is a stargaze behavior, looks like it has been hard coded either in portal or in back-end, mostly it might be in back-end.You have to debug and find this piece.
But I believe this issue wont happen in real time, as user will be using only have one language, very rarely they will be changing the languages. So I would suggest you to ignore it. (In case if you wants to fix it, better raise the ticket to SAP, I believe its defect in the SAP code).
I just tested this with another employee and user and the same happens. In whatever language the request was made, that is the language shown in the column Used(Hours, Uren, Heures).
Table PTARQ_DEDUCTION also show Uren, Heures and Hours. Eventhough time unit is present for all (001).
I have examples of this behaviour when requesting the same leave (0100, so same deduction and counting rules) or requesting different types of leave (0130, 0160) in different languages.
Text in table T554T only seems to hold values for absence type, which is not the issue here. It would seem that the time unit is not properly translated.
The used column in the LeaveRequest overview shows the unit in which the
deduction of a leave took place. The time units are fetched from the
system table T538T which stores all the units. The time unit can be
either Hours (001) or Days (010). In the application there is no hard
coding on the duration of the leave. It's merely a representation of
the unit in which deduction took place. The application just picks up
the relevant time unit text from the table T538T and displays in the
CL_PT_ARQ_REQS_LIST, Deduction, GET_DEDUCTION.
Yeah that was absence type table which i mentioned,
check the customisation in V_T556A
Also you need to ensure that leave subtype has the quota deduction flag is checked
in the view 'T554S' for the leave subtype and has counting rule maintained.>>>> ENsure this
through your note I found this note: 1179418 You logged into portal using another language, but still the contents of field "Used" are being displayed in the language they were created.
Which seems to describe exactly what my problem is:
The language in which user is logged to the portal is not taken into consideration for the display of field "Used".
Thanks for your time, it seems we found the solution for this.