cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommands' API. (Error: ER

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I open the Webi Report its working, but when i Refersh Data & Edit the report then it shows some Error below:

An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommands' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

Could anyone give me some idea.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Mark said, it could be a Prompt or Filter error.

There need not be a particular prompt issue per se but the underlying cause could be that you changed the datatype of a universe object in the Universe.

Now unless you change the value in the Filter that you have used, to the new/correct datatype, you will get this issue.

I suggest you open the Edit Query box and check all your report filters for correctness w.r.t the Universe Objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melwyn,

That's good one but if multiple reports having different objects facing the same issue, in this case how can we ?

csk901
Explorer
0 Kudos

Recently we have noticed the same issue when we changed an object data type, but it only affected the reports where the prompt values are entered manually (Constant), however use of Values from List or Prompt doesn't seems to be affected. So suggesting users to always select it from list of values to avoid these kind of issues in future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately this is quite a generic error.

One possibility is that there is a problem with a prompt object.

Can you view the query SQL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This report is already working perfect at Production & Testing environment.

I am sure there is no any problem at prompt side.

Could u tell me anything else plz...........................

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This is an inconsistent error.

Only solution, Please restart the machine(BO Server) and SIA/Tomcat (from CCM/CMC) as well.

Regards,

Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, but some other reports on same machine working perfect.There is no any error.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see this error every now and then in my day-to-day work. Different reports, different clients, universes, systems etc. I've grown to just ignore it.

I've never been able to catch a cause to the problem, I just try the same thing again.

I know that's not a great answer...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not a great answer, David, but it's certainly one that I subscribe to!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

it really works:

"

When running an interactive report you may encounter the following error message:

"An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommands' API (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)"

This message will appear if your server is running out of memory, especially if the LMS, the databases and Business Objects are all installed on the same server.

To free up your server memory we recommend that you turn off real-time caching in Business Objects as follows:

1. Log into the Business Objects CMC
2. Go to the 'Servers' area of the CMC
3. Double-click on the WebIntelligenceProcessingServer server to open the properties
4. Scroll down the page and uncheck the 'Enable Real-time Cache' checkbox
5. Click 'Save and Close'
6. Highlight the WebIntelligenceProcessingServer server which should now have a flag next to it
7. Right-click and select 'Restart server' for the change to take effect

Your server will now have memory available to it and you should find that the error message will not be shown.

"

source:

http://knowledgemanager.e2train.com/questions/326/Internal+error+processDPCommands+%28ERR_WIS_30270%...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check th SAP Note 1352299

This is the error: