cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Calendars transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a way to transport Individual Factory Calendars?

When in SCAL I am only abot to choose option transport all factory calendars - than I get following message:

"All public holidays, public holiday and factory calendars

will be transported. All public holidays, public

holiday and factory calendars will first be deleted

in the target system."

thanks

mg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is in general no problem with transporting of calendars, except you have consultants in your company who maintain calendars directly in production system.

if that is the case, then it will cause some trouble, but this is a healing trouble, as you certainly get company internal guidelines how to customize calendars in future.

It is really intresting that people are going for direct production maintenance just because SAP issues a warning and explains what will happen.

Have you ever considered the same with account determination? SAP transaports as well all entries and not just the modified for account determination. Only SAP does not issue a warning in that case.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an information message from SAP, basically when we do changes in SCAL and create a Transport request, the transport request carries all the data present for all the calenders, so it means that not only your changed data but all entries shall be sent again.

This has an impact when 2 people do changes and create transport, if the second transport is moved first then the first change shall also be moved, but if after that the first transport will move then it will overwrite the changes of second transport since the data carried in the transport will be what it was at the time the first transport was created, so basically we need to take care of transport sequence while moving to Production.

Regards

Chandra Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport of factory calendar takes all calendars together. So sequence of transport is very important. Say if one of your transport is moved only upto QAS, and then a new transport (with some other changes) is moved upto PRD. Thereafter, when the older transport is moved from QAS to PRD, it will undo the changes of that newer transport.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Per SAP OSS Note 538344 - Transporting calendar dates, transporting single calendar is not possible. Also SAP won't recommend changing calendars in production system directly. But still if you want to change then check OSS Note 574628 - Change calendar dates in production system.

To me the message looks normal. So you can go and transport to test system first and confirm all looks ok, then move to productions system.

Regrds,

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally we dont transport factory calenders, they are maintained as Manual direct entries in the target client.

I guess it is because when you transport calenders, the entire tables get transported i.e. it overwrites the existing data and replaces it with the source data on transporting.