cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS: DBDriver failed to load > univ connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows 2008 (x64); AIX 6.1; BOXI31 SP3

I remote to a windows 2008 x86 environment where I have the BOXI31 SP3 client apps installed. from here, I import a univ file from an AIX 6.1 server > works fine, however, my connections don't work, keep getting the dreaded;

"CS: DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\dbd_oci.dll (The specified module could not be found.)"

On my windows server, I do not have any oracle client or db installed....

However, this file (dbd_oci.dll is located at the path specified. Also I can access the CMC and InfoView through a browser > run reports with no errors...

thgts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

If you're working with an Oracle database target, you'll need Oracle client software installed on whichever machines you're using Designer from. You'll then need to set up the correct tnsnames.ora file and ODBC connections on that machine too. After that, log in to sql*plus with the user that you will be specifying in the universe connection and do something like select sysdate from dual to make sure that it works okay.

Once this has been done, make sure that the file in question exists and that if it does you have permissions to it (right-click on the file in explorer and check).

Once you've got this far, give Designer another try. If it still doesn't work, let us know and we'll walk through the rest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

UGH, don't think this will work...

My 2008 win server is 64Bit and clients tools don't work on 64 bit - is there a work around for this???????

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK...

I installed the 32 bit client, all "almostt" working... tried to recreate my connections but still getting

"DBD: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

tns entry;

xxxxxx =

(DESCRIPTION =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = TCP)

(HOST = xx.xxx.x.xx)

(PORT = xxxx)

)

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = xxxxxx)

)

)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Start -> Run -> Please type 'services.msc'

In Services, Please verify whether Oracle related services are started or not.

If they are not started, Please start those services which are prefixed with Oracle.

Now Check the Connection in Universe.

Regarding Oracle 10g Client for 64 bit, following link may be helpful.

Regards,

Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tnsping the SID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it!

Thanks so much... I copied the tnsnames file from our Win server to our AIX app server "directly" - I had to edit the tnsnames files as unix and windows still don;t like each other..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great stuff and thanks for positing your resolution.

Answers (0)