cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside-in service implementation from WSDL file for CAF and WS consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm having one of those weeks and struggling to get my head around a problem I have...

I'm working on a CE 7.2 system (with no ESR as it's only a demo at the moment) with an SOA architect to deliver some demo capability for a customer. The architect is defining contracts for services we plan to implement on the CE system and supplying them to me as a bundle of .wsdl and .xsd files.

I am trying to import these service contracts into my NWDS with the intention of implementing the logic behind them and then deploying the services to the CE system. I can then consume those services in Composite Apps, whilst other areas of the business can consume them direct as web services. Unfortunately, I've hit a brick wall and can't figure out how to achieve this.

Ordinarily I would create a CAF modelled app service based on an RFC or WSDL and then generate and deploy that but in this case, we want to define the WSDL first and then implement the logic behind it, ensuring the resultant service deployed to the CE runtime complies to the pre-defined service contract.

So, can anyone suggest how I go about this? I feel like I'm missing something really obvious but just can't seem to get going with this.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, been doing some more reading, thinking and testing.

Am I correct in thinking the only way to use this outside-in approach is to have the ESR activated on CE. My SOA architect can then define the service interface/contract in the ESR, and I can then import this into NWDS and build the implementation?

I'm trying to get to a point where a CAF implemented application complies with a pre-defined WSDL definition but I really don't think this is possible actually.

Gareth.