cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAKISA Projects estimates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

Currently we're SAP partner and we're going to become a Nakisa Partner in a few month, but meanwhile, we were asked by one of our customer, an project estimates implementation... It's a really good news for us. But we don't know nothing about cost or resources estimates for Nakisa implementation.

Could someone tell me where can I find some examples about project estimates or gantt project for standar implementation of Nakisa?

Thanks

Best regards

Emilio Ciotta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emilio,

It is difficult to estimate a project without knowing the requirements. For a standard out of the box implementation (ie no customizations and configurations) you can do it in 15 to 20 days. Usually the best approach is to do the project in 2 phases; install the out of the box version and then let the client use it to get an idea of the functionality. In the 2nd phase you collect additional requirements, provide and estimate and then write a blueprint for the approved requirements.

The length of time also depends on the experience and ability of your resources. Configurations in the AdminConsole are fairly quick but also limited. The real customizations (done in the configuration files) can be done very quickly by an experienced consultant but not very quickly or without difficulty for a "junior" in this area. It might also be worthwhile for your organization to partner with another consultancy who has experienced consultants. There aren't many, but I can help you find one if you need.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke

Thanks for your quickly reply. I'm agred with you, it's complicate to estimate a project without knowing the requirements. However, it should be interesting know the general activities and resources for a standard out of the box implementation (for example orgChat and/or orgPlanning).

With this, we should have a basis and perspective for how estimate a project.

Thanks again

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

while I agree with Luke about this post I think I may be able to give you a bit of info on ;gotchas' when you are trying to implement nakisa (I havent done that yet mind you but am fairly sure of the below points)

1. is this org chart function going to be implemented for 'strictly display' purposes? Then your time lines are pretty safe,..

2. If not --> what level of changes do you forsee in the implementation? pointers could be --> simulated org unit re-arrangement -changes that do not get transferred back to r/3 to all org mgmt changes which are seamlessly integrated to reflect in r3 immediately based on workflows....

so if you can extrapolate the 2nd point above to include most business scenarios and then gauge it against the standard delivered nakisa-capabilities you should be able to come out with a rough figure on time lines for a project,.. add a bit of over-heads in terms of time and you shouldn't be far off from a realistic time line based on a few important caveats.

I couldnt help noticing that you guys are going to partner with nakisa in the near future if that is the case then you may already have some kind of nakisa-knowledge-base within your company, you may want to try and tap that as a short-cut to the above process. If there isnt a knowledge base then maybe you could look into doing something about it

cheers

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emilio,

For a standard OOTB implementation I would estimate around 15 to 20 days. The more skilled/experienced your resources are, the less time it will take. The main tasks would be verification of deployment, basic configuration and testing the standard features. There are likely to be some bugs that need resolving. It is always worth raising an OSS for a new build quite early in the project so you can get the one with the latest fixes.

If you want any more information please ask.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much

Both answer were useful, from now, we're going to approach this kind of project since a best point of view thanks to you guys.

I hope see both you soon..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke

Thank you. I also read your blog about the detailed functionalities in Nakisa.

I want to know what time it would take as of today to implement Nakisa on-premise, also i see that Nakisa has introduced Hanelly, how is it different and what aspects must be considered while estimating timeline for Nakisa project implementation.

Regards

Ishant

Answers (0)