cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview marketing document with Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019ve created a Crystal Report Lay-out for a sales order based on an empty report (I didnu2019t used a sap report as bases), how can I make it possible to get a layout preview before I save the sales order?

At the moment, the preview shows the latest saved sales order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to run this as a report or as a layout?

Assuming you are using SAP 8.8 on 8.81, you can publish the report as a layout in General Setting.

Now, for it to pick up the right documents, you need to have parameter field DocKey@ in it, so that when you are in Sales Order, it will print the details of the current orders.

I would suggest you have a look at SAP B1 Document Resource Centre for more details on how crystal report is worked within SAP B1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

With the update to 8.8 I've read the documentation and use the dockey etc. But it was not possible to view the document before the document was saves (Cr lay-out was not build on an original lay-out). I can understand that a review isn't possible with a new lay-out, because the data isn't saving in the database. Is this the reason?

In the meantime we switch to 88.1, but I can't find anything about publishing. Can you be a little more specific on it? Or in which document I can find it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way

we're using Crystal Reports 2008, for Sap Business One, CR Developper, version 12.1.0.892.

(It was installed before the upgrade to 2008)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan123,

It is possible to design a report that works for document previews before you have added them to the system - SAP temporarily creates records in the Draft tables. See my response in this [link|; for the solution.

Regards,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andrew,

it's a while ago, but still an issue.

In my case it isn't a draft document. The invoice is only on the screen and not saved as a draft. In this case my CR lay-out based on a query in CR isn't working (the preview shows my lay-out only with the data from a earlier saved invoice) . After I saved the invoice, the right data in my lay-out is shown.

john_obrien7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi L Kroos,

Did you ever manage to resolve this?

Thanks,
John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid you have to use sap report as bases unless you know exactly how that report works.

Thanks,

Gordon