cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Mobile 4.0 for iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

And finally, yesterday was released the BI Mobile for iPad.

We already have a BO 4.0 SP01 server with BO mobile installed and running (i can connect there by using Windows Mobile emulator).

When creating the connection to BO server from the iPad application, I don't know which url address I must write there.

Is the url to BI Launchpad? Or is a url to web services?

http://myboserver:8080

http://myboserver:8080/BOE/BI

http://myboserver:8080/dswsbobje/services

??

Any of these addresses returns me a Connection failed error: There was a problem communicating with the web proxy server.

There is no help published yet, so any help will be appreciated.

Sergi Marin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

thanks to Deepu I managed to get the iPad app connecting with our BOXI server now, too.

Once again, you need to have/install

>> BOXI 3.1 SP4

>> BOXI 3.1. Mobile Server SP4 ( First I was not aware of this product - be sure to install SP4 for this component as well!)

Having that you find MobileBIService.war within the folder <installation folder>\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\java\applications. Copying this war file to Tomcat's webapps folder should automatically result in the deployment of the corresponding Web application.

One additional remark: I could not open the MobileBIService web application via my browser, i.e. calling the URL http://<server name>:<port number>/MobileBIService/ lead to an error. I ignored this because I guess the web application serves only as a kind of middleware between the app and the "classic" BOXI server.

After deploying the WAR you have a folder <installation folder>\Business Objects\Tocat55\webapps\MobileBIService where you can find the mobi.properties file in subfolder WEB-INF. I let the properties file unchanged, i.e. the only category is "Mobile".

The idea of the categories is, that all Web Intelligence files which are "tagged" with this category can be downloaded/displayed in the iPad app. All other WebI reports are not accessible via iPad.

On iPad I specified <server name>:<port number> as "Server URL", i.e. I did enter nor "http://"neither the name of the web application (MobileBIService), just server name and port number! I specified the "CMS Name" together with the port number (normally 6400), i.e <CMS name>:<port number>.

And then it works...

...finally!

Michael

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What worked for me:

Server URL: http://<server hostname>:<Tomcat port>

http://mybobjserver.domain.com:8080

CMS name: just the hostname where the CMS server runs.

Tested successfully with Enterprise and SAP Authentication.

Regards:

Joan B. Altadill

david_bartuli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we are using BO 4.0 SP5 and as WebServer we are using SAP Netweaver 720.

So my question is, is only the Tomcat Server supported for BO Mobile , and the second thing is I can not find the MobileBIService.war.

Kind regards

David

Edited by: David Bartuli on Sep 21, 2011 11:42 AM

former_member203322
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having the same issue...no file named MobileBIService.war ..we're runnign BO 4 SP2 on AIX

were you able to sort out this issue ?

thanks and best regards

Michele

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the initial problem here has been solved therefore this thread is considered as answered.

Any problems not solved with the instructions you can find here must go on a new thread otherwise nobody will reply.

Thanks

Best regards,

Simone Caneparo

Forum Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the refresh

filters;

"error"

"general server failure"

any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed BO 4.0 with ServicePack 2 and I want to connect BO with IPAD.

I went I app store and did download the BO MObile in IPAD

I put the MobileBIService in tomcat but have always same problem.

I put i IPAd

Server url machinebo:8080/MobileBIService

CMS Name machinebo:6400

Authentication: Enterprise

I put my login and password

But always I see the same error

Ther was a problem communicating with the web proxy server

Somebody can help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

please try this:

Server url: machinebo:8080

CMS Name: machinebo

Authentication: Enterprise

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me how did you get the ServicePack 2 for BO4.0 and is it accessible? I couldn't find it in service.sap.com Additionally, is it possible that you mean FixPack 2? I have the same problem with BO Mobile 4.0 (There was a problem communicating with the web proxy server)

Would be very appreciate if you can help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

your bo system is bo 4.0 or bo xi 3.1 sp 4.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duygu,

The Service Pack is only accessible to Ramp-up customer as of now.

At GA (16-9) i'd guess it should be available...

regards,

Sjoerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to connect BO EXPLORER from iphone to BO4.

Can anyone assist me step by step in configuration? thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please confirm minimum levels:

We need XI 3.1 SP4

BO Mobile 3.1 SP 4 or BO Mobile 4.0?

The installation and deployment guide in note 1593262 refers to BO Mobile 4.0.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I upgraded our system from "XI 3.1 SP3" to "XI 3.1 SP4" today.

On sytem SP3 the "Catalog Browser" and the Blackberry BO Mobile stuff worked fine.

Now with the new BO Mobile 4.0 App from the APP STORE I want to connect our XI 3.1 SP4 to our iPad.

I ask myself whether is it even possible to connect the new 4.0 app to the old SP4 or do I need the new 4.0 Server stuff.

If it should work fine with the old SP4 system where do I get the MobileOTA14.war / ear files?

Could someone help me out here?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

While waiting for the BO 4.0 SP2 I have installed the BO 3.1 SP4 for BOE and BO Mobile in a old server we have.

After deploying the MobileBIServices.war (that is located within the installed files of the SP4)23 to the BO 3.1 tomcat, I'm able to access to the BO zserver by using the iPad. You just need to specify the server url and port without any path

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to connect our iPad via 3.1 SP4 to our BO Server.

But in the Mobile 4.0 App in "My Reports" I cant see any Reports.

Where do I have to put those reports on our BO Server?

Via the Catalog Browser and the old Blakcberry Mobile App I was able to open those files.

Do I have to change some parameter in the "mobi.properties" ?

#default

default.corporateCategory=Mobile

default.personalCategory=Mobile

#ipad

ipad.corporateCategory=Mobile

ipad.personalCategory=Mobile

#iphone

iphone.corporateCategory=Mobile

iphone.personalCategory=Mobile

or do I have to change the Server.config file in Mobile12 ?

thx ...

Edited by: Real Newbie on Jul 7, 2011 2:44 PM

Edited by: Real Newbie on Jul 7, 2011 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the CMC go to categories and create a new Category called Mobile. Include in this categoria all WebI documents you wants to see from the iPad

Kind regards

Sergi Marin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx man it worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

could someone tell me please whether I'm the only person who is not able to see any Crystal Reports on the 4.0 Mobile App and the 3.1SP4 Server.

I just can see the WebI dokuments, do I miss something?

Any help?

Kind Regards,

Nico

oh I read the 4.0 App can only open WebI dokuments, sorry

Edited by: Real Newbie on Jul 11, 2011 2:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we would like to use the App with our XI 3.1 Sp4 platform, Mobile Add-on is installed, the WAR deployed. However I cannot connect to BO Server, using a SSL URL. Tomcat is secured with SSL on port 443, so I tried the following URL https://boserver.company.net , this leads to an Connection failed error: There was a problem communicating with the web proxy server.

Did someone get it to work with SSL?

Regards,

Mirko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

now our upgrade to BOXI 3.1 SP4 is completed, too.

But I can not find the MobileBIService.war, either!!!

And as said before BOXI 4.0 SP2 is not released yet...

How the heck shall we connect the brandnew iPad app to existing WebIs?!?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a BO 4.0 SP01 server, and the MobileBIService.war is not there... Do we have to wait to SP02? If they release 1 Patch each 2 weeks, we are now at Patch 4 and we have to wait until Patch 10 before SP02 is released, then it would be released in 3 months...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Evereybody

you can find a Installation guide for SAP BO Mobile 4.0 Sp1 here:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001256052010E/xi4_mobile_inst_deploy_en.pdf

it seems you don't need a MobileServer.war. I tried but it didn't work out... It took a while till I got the Error scrren but I still think I did something wrong. as URL i tried http://<myboeserver>:<external VAS Port>. Maybe I did something wrong with the mobile server config or installation.

kind regards

florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

on my side it is even worse, as (although we applied XI3.1 SP04 without any problems) no MobileBIService.war file is available at all in the

[install dir]\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\java\applications

folder. Is there someone out there who has the same problem? Where can I find the file (must be in somewhere in the SP04 install package) or did SAP forgot to include it in SP04?

Thanks,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I too have the same problem , Could not find MobileBIService.war in Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\java\applications folder after the SP4 upgrade.

Thanks

Prathish Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure that you have updated BOTH SYSTEMS to SP4?!?

Both systems, this means:

>> BOXI 3.1 SP4

>> BOXI 3.1. Mobile Server SP4

First I was not aware of this "Mobile Server" product! Be sure to install SP4 for this component as well u2013 as far as I remember I did this in three steps:

a. Basic Installation u201CBOXI Mobileu201D (file: u201C51040575.ZIPu201D >> extract >> setup.exe)

b. Upgrade to SP2 (file: u201CBOBJMOBILE02_0-20005104.EXEu201D)

c. Upgrade to SP4 (file: u201CBOBJMOBILE04_0-20005104.EXEu201D

I am quite sure that it is also possible to first install Mobile Server SP3 ("5104669.zip"), and then upgrade to SP4 with one step!

And, a last hint: I found it quite difficult to find these files, i.e. to navigate to SAP's download area: Within "Software Downloads" >> "Software Download Center" I used u201CSearch for Software Downloadsu201D with search expression u201CBOBJMOBILE04u201Du2026

Hope this helps!

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, here I am again...

I found the MobileOTA14.war as well but I am sure that this file (or the corresponding web application) has nothing to do with our problem, i.e. the connection to iPad.

Our BOXI system's version still was SP3, this is - regarding to the PDF - too low! So right now I am upgrading the BOXI server to SP4 - after that I am almost sure to find the file/web application in question, i.e. MobileBIService.war!

I'll be back when upgrade is done...

Michael

Edited by: Michael Daun on Jun 17, 2011 9:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

same problem with 3.1SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, solution might be near...

The following guide (https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000273542011E/Mobile_Install_and_Deploy_Guide.pdf) describes what has to be done AT SERVER SIDE. So, indeed we need a "Mobile Server component" to which the iPad will connect...

As far as I have read: The web application ("MobileBIService.war") which must be deployed is part of the BOXI 3.1 SP04 or BOXI 4 SP02 software package. It must be copied to TomCats webapps folder, extraction normally takes place automatically...

And that' s what I am going to do now....

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deployed the MobileOTA14 war file. Still facing the same issue.

Do you guys think it is problem as we don't have the service packs released yet. See below from page 9 of document https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000273542011E/Mobile_Install_and_Deploy_Guide.pdf

**************************************************************************************************

3.2 Installing SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Server

You have Tomcat with same version as that of the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise server version.

The SAP BusinessObjects Mobile server is supported on Tomcat Web application server. To install

Mobile server on Tomcat Web application server, perform the following:

1. Stop Tomcat Web application server.

2. Copy the file, MobileBIService.war from one of the following SAP BusinessObject Enterprise locations,

as appropriate, to [Tomcat home directory]\webapps.

u2022 For SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.0 SP02: [Install directory]\Mobile 14\Client

u2022 For SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 3.1 SP04: [Install directory]\BusinessObjects Enterprise

12.0\java\applications

Note:

MobileBIService.war is supported only on Tomcat.

**************************************************************************************************

Edited by: Prashanth Sanjay Sirigiri on Jun 17, 2011 2:08 AM

bhaveshdoshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashanth....

Does is mean that Applications prior to BI 4.0 SP02, cannot connect to iPad and throw proxy error? What proxy settings do we need to do? What should be the correct URL for iPad?

I could connect to SAP BI 4.0 SP01 system via safari browser, though cannot view any reports properly but still could connect to the system, so dont think of any proxy issue.... but the iPad application still throws proxy error message.

Under the mobile client folder of the BI 4.0 sp01 server, I could not find folder for iOS, though sambian, blackberry and windows mobile folders do exist there.

Anyone got any idea around this issue?

Cheers,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wanted to add, after deploying the MobileOTA14.war file, this resolves http://myboserver:8080/MobileOTA14.

Million $ question is what do we use for iPad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's strange because BO 4.0 SP02 has not been released yet.

Currently, the maximum stack level is SP01, Patch 4...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI 4.0 SP 01 Patch 5 as of 17/06/2011.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ALL,

I have been using it since the day app was released with BOE XI 3.1 SPS 4 and BI mobile 3.1 SPS 4.

MobileServices.WAR mentioned in the document gets deployed when you install BI Mobile 3.1 SPS 4.

Once you have this deployed to the Tomcat folder as mentioned in the document and maintained the categories for mobile you can configure the iPad app. I had to create a Category named Mobile and add the reports to that Category, creating "BIMobile" category didn't work, even though I added it to the config file.

For server URL you can just use the server and port number (bi31.mydomain:8080) no http:// is required.

With 4.0 you will need SPS 2 and is not available yet and I haven't seen a release date also for BI 4.0 SPS2.

Thanks.

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, let's wait for the SP02... Maybe until September...

Thanks for your help

Sergi Marin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

By using the Browser ( with the Same connectivity setttings in Ipad, Iphone - wireless ) we can logon to that server by using the IP and host name to see the reports..

so, then why we need the SAP business objects explorer from itunes and why we need to set the Mobi.properties,

and how can we set the Mobi.properties. (Steps)

Could you Please reply me for this.. M getting confuse by this.

Thanks in advance

BO User..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael!

If I get it right we should all search for the "_Mobile server component_"...

Quote: "SAP BusinessObjects Mobile consists of client-side applications for iPad devices and a Mobile server

component that communicates with the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise server..."

Sounds for me as if we should not enter the URL of the Enterprise Server but the URL of the Mobile Server Component", whatever this is....

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

...and another one with the same problem!

In my opinion the error appears "too quick" as if it could REALLY has something to do with proxy web server. Interestingly I got exactly the same error when trying to connect to our "old" (i.e. BOXI 3.1) system (BTW: Shall this work - connections to BOXI 3.1?!?). And, calling the mentioned URLs (Launchpad, InfoView etc.) from Safari works, no proxy server error here...

Regards,

Michael

Edited by: Michael Daun on Jun 16, 2011 1:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

... Same issue ... "Problem communicating with the web proxy server" ....

And not able to do any kind of active trace - option to generate debug logs seems to give nothing on client side.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Try to refer to note 1593333 - this note has a .pdf attachment that guides / desc. the usage of BO Mobile for iPad.

Direct link should be this: https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000273562011E/Mobile_User_Guide.pdf

BR

Michael Bisfelt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergi

I am having the same problem. Have you resolved this yet? If so could you please share your experience.

Regards

Prashanth Sanjay

bhaveshdoshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Has anyone able to figure this out? I am having the similar issue and any help would be greatly appreciated !

Cheers,

Bhavesh