cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE with Same Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use ALE with Same client...when PO created and send message to IDOC. Than come back the same client to create the SO? As i know, it is possible to go for another client or system. I am not sure is it possible in the same client and also any limition about this?

For eg:-

A purchase order is created in company code 1000.

Then using ALE,the system will generate an Idoc to transfer data to another company code 2000.And the system will generate corresponding CustmerOrder(SO) in company code 2000.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right.

IDoc will be collected in status 64

After that you should schedule a background job to process the Idocs and post the invoice to SAP.

You can use program RBDAPP01

Regards

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Either go for a user exit as mentioned in the earlier post.

2. Else if you need them to be two different transactions via an interface using PI, this will be as any normal scenario (IDoc to IDoc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayakumar,

Thanks a lot for your reply. could you please guide me the steps or process how to configure Idoc to Idoc within same client

Regards

Rikin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuring the ALE/Idoc scenerio for the same client is very much possible, because you would defining the same client/port but might used different message type. But so you think this will help you rather than that if the clinet is same rather than configuring the ALE/IDOC setting why not write a piece of ABAP code finding the proper USER EXIT/INCLUDE .i.e. when a PO is created with company code ABC then that USEREXIT will trigger which will send those data to another company code. The user exit can easily be identified by the functional guys.

Mostly the ALE/Idocs scenerios are used when we have multiple clients or multiple system.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I do understand that ALE is used between different clients but here we have a strong business requirement to use ALE if possible. And as you said ALE is possible within same client, could you please guide me the steps or process how to configure the same.

Regards

Rikin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one requirement regarding EDI IDOC, we are planning to perform EDI functionality for incoming invoice from vendor's. The message type we will be using is INVOIC and Basic type is INVOICE01.

however we dont want to directly post the invoice in SAP, once we received an idoc from vendor's system, we dont want to directly post the invoice document we want to park it first.

Request you all to please let us know whether it is possible to park the idoc.

Regards

Rikin

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is a trigger by background program option in your partner profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Could you please let me know how to find that trigger and also request you to please let me know what is the standard program name.

Regards

RIkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

I got this indicator in partner profile.

So by selecting option ""Trigger by background program"" Incoming invoice will not be posted directly right. It will be in a Parked status. Am I right to say this???

Regards

Rikin