cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service WWI_GENSRV is not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

just setting up a new WWI server (version EHSWWI32_26-20000084 on a Windows Server 2008 R2) for our system (ECC 6.00) and we are facing the following problem:

the installation was ok, service EHS_MANSRV is working properly but service WWI_GENSRV is not starting. The following message occurs:

WWI started at: 06/16/11 08:06:53 as PID: 2184 Initialisation........start Working dir is: D:\WWI Current PATH is: C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\IBM\ITM\bin;C:\IBM\ITM\TMAITM6;C:\Program Files\NetApp\Windows Host Utilities\;C:\IBM\ITM\InstallITM;D:\WWI Attaching service to desktop winsta0 / default session: 0 window station: Service-0x0-39de8f90$, desktop: Default Succesfully attached service to desktop winsta0 / default License check: I000 EH&S License verified. Initialisation of the semaphore open semaphore semaphore didn't exist, semaphore created SvcMain(): Caught following exception (0xc0000005):Exception 0xc0000005 occured: ACCESS_VIOLATION: The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access. SvcMain(): Caught exception in file E:\Development\WWI\WwiRfcSv\Source\win32svcapp.cpp Revision $Revision: 78 $ line 536

How can this be solved?

Thank you in advance for your support !!!

Best regards,

Christoph

Edited by: Christoph Giehl on Jun 16, 2011 9:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you'll see a reference to the E: drive anywhere. I recall seeing this once before, and I believe it was an ugly error message from an uncaught exception when WWI was crashing. I think at the time the error was caused by having WWI components with different versions. But I doubt that is the issue here. I'm sorry that I don't have a solution, but just wanted to comment that you shouldn't go crazy looking for a reference to the E: drive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thank you for your comment.

As we don´t see any solution we opened up an OSS message on that.

We will publish the solution here once it´s done.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

WWI_GENSRV was not starting due to missing authorization of WWI user in regards to DCOM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I think this might be DCOM or OLE related - maybe this note helps:

Note 580607 - WWI: Service and DCOM security settings

(Note 1066086 - EH&S WWI: Corrections in WWI Support Package 16)

Please check the WWI Cookbook as well to see if your user have the right permissions etc...

Hope this helps

Mark

P.s.: What version of word are you using?

Edited by: Mark Pfister on Jun 17, 2011 8:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thank you for your answer, but I think the problem is a different one:

as you see in the error message the service tries to write on drive "e".

This drive is not existing on the WWI server!

So what is the trigger for the service to try and write something on a non existing drive?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Please check your EH&S Customizing setting under "Specify Generation Server". On the detail screen of a WWI Server you define the WWI root.

If that is set correctly - check your WWI.ini if there are any references to drive E:.

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

unfortunately there is no reference to drive E neither in WWI.INI nor in customizing.

I installed the entire WWI again on the server incl. user WWIUSER in admin group and the services.

EHS_MANSRV is running perfectly with this user, but WWI_GENSRV is still not running.

The only thing I couldn´t check is the DCOM authorization for the user mentioned in OSS note 580607 - there is no "Microsoft Word-Document" entry in the DCOM at all, but "winword.exe /r" showed no defect.

Any other idea? I am really running out of time.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristopher,

Regarding:

"E:\Development\WWI\*WwiRfcSv\Source*\win32svcapp.cpp"

As far as I can remember the folders in bold are not part of a normal WWI Server installation...

D:\WWI seems to be your WWI Working directory.

Is the MS Word by itself working correctly?

Hmmm

Mark