cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR when trying to call Sender RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use the sender RFC adapter without much luck. I have written a small ABAP program to call the function - it contains the lines:

call function 'mi_rfc_check_picking'

destination 'ZXI-DEV'

When I run this, I get an error "CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR".

"JCO.Server could not find server function 'mi_rfc_check_picking'"

I have not been able to find any clear documentation that specifies what the function name should be set to - mi_rfc_check_picking is the name of my sender message interface as defined in XI. I have tried putting this value in upper and lower case without luck.

In component monitoring in XI, under the RFC sender I get the following error message:

- Error: 2006-08-16 12:08:17 EST: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (123) JCO_ERROR_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND: JCO.Server could not find server function 'mi_rfc_check_picking'

Can anyone confirm what the RFC name should be? Or offer any other suggestions to help resolve the issue?

Regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

call the function in big letters:

CALL FUNCTION 'MI_RFC_CHECK_PICKING'

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Also Check if the RFC is remote enabled..

Please go through this link to know more about the same...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f9/3f69fd11a80b4e93a5c9230bafc767/content.htm

Also just see if you have used BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

And finally, Try checking the userid auth. for RFC destination,if it has remotes access.

To check the same, you just have to do a remote logon from SM59 transaction.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a sender agreement defined with the sender interface as "mi_rfc_check_picking", sender service as the name of the sender Business Service, and Receiver Party and Service as "*".

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I guess you have created a Message Interface for the RFC. It is not required to do so... So just try using the RFC as such as a Message Interface without creating it explicitly...

So now you will have to replace all Message Interfaces that you created with the RFC by the RFC (RFC Name) itself...

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in your Sender agreement, your Sender Interface has to be the name of the RFC.

Regards

Vijaya