cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation mode in ppds planned order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is field valuation mode in planned order at activity level.

Possible values are

0 - Activity must lie in validity period

1- Start of activity must lie in validity period

2.End of activity must lie in validity period

3-ignore validity period.

In case of PPM there is feild called order validity and in planned order value is determined from value of field PPM ony.

In case of PDS I unable to see this field So how this value is determined if planned order is created with source of supply as PDS?

I refered to note 694140-change of validity during RTO explosion but it is relevant for SCM 4.0. But we are working in SCM5.0?

Is There such feild available in PDS if yes where we can see it. What are the values set by default during transfer of pds through CIF?

Please help

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the case of PDS there is restrictions of the validity requirements of an order on activity level (start, end, both or neither have

to be within the validity interval).

If you are using production data structures, you can only set the 'order validity' field in a BAdi. ( Refer Note 694140.)

Also you can go thru the SAP notes 385602 Validity in APO fo further details.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks nandha.

It seems field is not displayed in PDS but we can set it through badi during explosion. I will check this badi.

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

The BAdI code examples you find in note 694140 should still work on newer releases.

Basically what the badi does is to loop at all activities created during PDS Explosion and change their effectivity_mode (Validity Mode) to one of the allowed values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiago,

Thanks very much for your help.

But How I can see what value is set currently for this field in PDS. I tried to find out the field in display PDS tcode -/SAPAPO/Curto_SIMU but i cannot find this field.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is some diffrence between PPM & PDS,

PPM : PPM can be created manually in APO and also it can be CIFed from R/3 then we can edit those PPM in APO.

PDS : it can not be edited & created in APO. Always it will come from R/3.

If this is the case , validity & activity creation in APO is relevant only for PPM. For PDS its not required , since its always comes from R/3 and whatever we maninatained in routing will be replicated....

Thats the reason you can not find that field.....

Functioanlity may be same for PDS & PPM but field structure wise some chnages will be there. both are having some advantage & disadvantages.. moreover SAP is going to develope & support only PDS in future..

Regards

Thennarasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry guys

field name is validity mode and not valuation mode.

Regards,

Santosh