cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0FI_GL_4 Data Loading Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently I am implementing BIW at client. Their R/3 system has been Live for past 8 years.

But the client only want data from current Fiscal Year Period which from April 2006(001.2006) onwards in the FI GL Cube.

Fiscal Year Variant is V3.

I need your advice on How to Load the data it means Initailize it as well run the deltas from the period mentioned above.

I appreiate your all your help and support in this context.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalan,

Do a Init without data trasfer your selections...it can be like 001.2006 to 012.9999 and your variant is V3 . Then you can load deltas regularly and run the repair requests for each of the selections on period basis till 007.2006 and selectively load the repair req's on daily basis to the 008.2006 data till the starting delta date.

OR .

You can either start of the Repair load for 008.2006 initially and then go back and you will always have the daily deltas because of init load without data transfer..this will help you in eliminating the selective loads on daily basis that I am talking in the above solution.

Thanks,

Krish

*Assigning points is way of saying thanks in SDN!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can load the historical data month by month using selection of Fiscal year/Period (0FISCPER)in infopackage.

Just make sure that the backposting in R/3 system has been closed for the period for which you are loading data

after all data taken in ODS and cube, initialise the delta. this will start taking deltas in the BW system. You will have to take downtime of R/3 for delta init.

Hope this helps

Regards,

wrushali

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shouldn't need downtime for a GL4 extractor because of the use of the BWFI timestamp tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wrushali,

I appreciate your response.

I was trying something similar to what you have suggested but I have some doubt on it. Is it possible that you can give me your contact number so that I call you and clarify my doubts.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lalan,

In the Data selection option tab of the INIT infopackage enter the foll range in the line for 0FISCPER - April06 to 129999.Subsequently do the deltas. The delta infopackage will copy the same selection criteria as in the INIT package.

Cheers

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing the intialization provide fiscal year & variant in the selection of infopackage and then on keep taking delta.

regards

Vikash