cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFP - Masthead Modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using SAP Netweaver 7.3 Portal and we have NWDS 7.3.

I need to modifiy the portal masthead in ajax framework page.

I downloaded the file com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead.war directly from the server (not through Portal).

Kindly let me know how can i edit this *.war file project. In previous version, it was in *.par file.

Which perspective i need to use for editing this com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead.war file.?

How to deploy the edited application on portal?

How to create iView from the Portal Application (PAR) template?

What are the neccessary JAR files for com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead.war?

Regards,

Eben Joyson.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eben,

SAP Netweaver 7.3 Portal does not provide much flexibility on portal customization for developer as it was in NW04.

But still you can customize portal using standard .war files.

1. download .war file to your local system

2. open Enterprise portal Perspective in NWDS 7.3 and import .war file

file > import > choose WEB > WAR file > browse your .war file > finish

3. Add JAR files specific to your project which are available at WEB-INF\private\lib

4. open jsp file you want to customize.

5. build and deploy.

*Note : Make sure you have backup of .war file or create the project with different name to avoid losing original .

these are the steps to follow.But i am also stuck at a point >

Getting errors unresolved import packages like "com.sapportal.htmlb.*" and many more when importing in jsp directives.

if you find any solution please let me know also.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

You need to add the needed JAR files in the Java Build Path Properties of the project.

Below I have given the steps of how I tried to deploy the application:

1. I download the com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead folder from the server lcoation

E:\usr\sap\EPL\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com.

2. In NWDS 7.3, Opened Java EE Perspective.

3. Created File ---> New -- > Enterprise Application Project. Named project as "custom_masthead_EAPP" and Checked the "Generate application.xml deployment descriptor" button .

4. Then again imported the war file by selecting File --> Import ---> Select "Web" - WAR file and click Next. Select WAR file and changed the Web Project name as "custom_masthead" and Checked the "Add project to an EAR" button and selected the already created custom_masthead_EAPP .

5. In the custom_masthead, I added all needed jars to java build path.

6. In "custom_masthead_EAPP", I opened application-j2ee-engine.xml file in the editor and added the below code :

<reference reference-type="hard">
		<reference-target target-type="application">custom.masthead</reference-target>
	</reference>
	<provider-name>sap.com</provider-name>

7. Then I opened the context menu of "custom_masthead_EAPP" and deployed the application by selecting " Run as server". Previously i maintained SAP AS property in windows --> preferences

But deployed was failed with the error message:

Deploy Exception.ASJ.dpl_dc.006505 An unresolved dependencies error occurred while sorting the deployment batch items regarding the dependencies. [ERROR: 6/23/11 11:49 AM /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) ThreadDeploy Thread,5,main]

Exception Stack Trace :

Deploy Exception.ASJ.dpl_dc.006505 An unresolved dependencies error occurred while sorting the deployment batch items regarding the dependencies.

Do you have any idea about how to rectify this issue. Please give your input on this.

Regards,

Eben Joyson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eben,

Were you able to resolve build path errors before deploying?

Which all .jar files you added to your build path?

- Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Yes, I cleared all build path error. Added all needed *.jar files to the application.

But still I get the same deployment error.

Regards,

Eben Joyson.

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eben Joyson,

I am doing the same thing for customizing the afp masthead using NWDS 7.3, I struct with clearing build path errors.

Can you explain what are all the jars files i need to refer and where i need to add those jars.

Regards,

Nivas.

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Netweaver 7.3 Portal does not provide much flexibility on portal customization for developer as it was in NW04.

I disagree. Portal 7.3 offers at least the same flexibility, even more when you consider the new L-Shape API that allows developers to use portal functionality by Javascript.

Or why do you think it offers less flexibility?

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are trying to customize the Classic masthhead file but it is throwing buildtime error so unable to get the jar file required also.Is there any standard documentation for the masthead development n customization?

Regards,

Sai Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eben,

I am facing problem of build path errors during Masthead changes in EP7.3.

I am getting the below errors.

1. componentRequest cannot be resolved - Even though the following import statement is added.

import <%@ page import="com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.IPortalComponentRequest" %>

2. <%@ page import="com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.IPortalComponentRequest" %> cannot be resolved.

Can you please tell us list of what JAR files you have added and the Import statements.

Thanks in advance,

Sumangala

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You need to create a Portal Application project inside of NWDS 7.3 - call it whatever you want, a different name than the existing ones from sap

2. Extract the war file (com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead.war) with winzip or 7-zip and copy the content from web-inf to the portal-inf folder of your project. Don't copy the web.xml and the web-j2ee-engine.xml. They are not needed inside of the project.

3. Now you can make your custom changes to the Masthead.jsp file

4. Create the ear file and deploy it via NWDS 7.3

5. Copy your new masthead iView in the PCD from the portal applications to a pcd folder of your choice

6. Open the AFP framework page and copy your new iView as delta link into the masthead column

7. Disable or delete the old masthead iView out of the AFP framework page

8. Open a new session to check whether your changes apply correctly

Greetz

Matze

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumangla

Did you get all required Jar files?? I am also stuck at same point. can you post the location?

I have posted another thread for same purpose. Please post the solution in that post so that i can give points.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates to Sai Sharan?

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eben,

If you are modifying the AFP Framework page, you need to use the LSAP APIs.

These APIs provides abstraction layer to most of the services provided by the AFP.

Sandip

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eben ,

I want to customize Ajax Masthead Can you please provide me the document for that bcoz  i m not able to do that.

my email id is : meghal.shah@imarktechnologies.com

Thanks & Regards,

Meghal Shah