Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biztalk question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Although this is not a ABAP question, I still am posting it here, because maybe someone could have come across a similar problem.

We are calling BAPIs from BizTalk, a middleware tool.

The BAPI_SALESORDER_GETSTATUS and one more custom BAPi work fine and Biztalk can make a successful RFC call and get the output.

But foe one custom BAPI, which works fine in SAP, the following error message halts the process.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006

Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006

Event ID: 5743

Date: 08/08/2006

Time: 17:01:25

User: N/A

Computer: CHI-OSC04

Description:

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "SendPortToSap" with URL "sap://AS:10.100.10.193/00/900/". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE".

Any idea why this error comes up only with this BAPI, but the rest are working.

The BAPI contains a bunch of selects on HRP1000, HRP1001 etc tables.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I presume it is RFC enabled.

0 Kudos

Yes it is RFC enabled.

0 Kudos

The next thing I would suggest is an authorization problem. Is there an auth problem with reading the HR tables. Maybe try commenting these out and do something simple of the RFC.

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I commented out the entire code in the function module and returned a fixed value in the return paramter. But the same error - :"RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE" persists.

So its not the authoriztion problem, or looks like anything to do with ABAP.

Any more clues?

0 Kudos

This appears to be a problem on the BizTalk side. Check the orchestration. Whichever BizTalk code works, use the same code and just replace the RFC name to eliminate the BizTalk error.

Another possibility - just a possibility - double check the parameters you are passing to RFC (I recollect some issues with parameter type 'String' on SAP side ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the standard BAPI's are working fine, there must be a problem in your custom BAPI only, one of the reason for this error RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE is connectivity problem, may be the connection type is not properly set up or the exe program path is not proberly configured.

<i>Note: I have not worked on BizTalk Tool</i>, also check whether it is RFC Enabled.

Regards:-

<b>Santosh</b>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vaishali,

The error is an exception that Biztalk received from SAP.

Are you using the same send port that you used inside the orquestration for standard BAPI? If YES, it means that you're using the same R3 parameters (gateway, sid, user, etc) and the problem isn't in your orquestration. If NOT, please check the send port configuration.

Other possibility, remote but possible, is some modification in your custom BAPI that could me made after that you get the schema for this BAPI. When Biztalk try to call the RFC, you'll receive an error because the parameters could be diferent.

Hope that this informtion can help you.