cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed SAP GUI 7.2 on my system (WIN XP) successfully. I logged on and worked with some transctions but when i am pressing SPACE BAR for previously used objects in any transaction , the object name that i have used is not coming. Same problem is coming while trying to press SPACE bar on logon screen. Every time I have to remember the objects what i want to use. Please give me suggestions what could be the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Daniele_Sgi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it can be helpful to developers, I noticed that the problem is, more often, when (once you are logged in the SAP system) is shut down the general dashboard of the SAP logon.

Thanks

Ds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus!

Same problem for us guys! We're working on Windows XP SP3 and SAPGUI 7.20 patch Level 6. Anyone find a solution?.

Thanks in advance.

Emilio.

Daniele_Sgi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have win7 64bit with new gui 7.20 latest patch 8, but I have the same problem on History... don't work (using Fast Connection, With Local Data/History ON).

Do you have solved ?

Danielsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using the "Slow LAN connection" option in your sapgui connection properties, history on pressing SPACE bar will not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed you said that you installed SAP GUI onto your machine. Is this a new machine, or a re-do of Windows and you had to install SAP GUI? Was there a previous version installed and you uninstalled it to install the newer version?

If you have enabled history, it should be building a new list. If you are looking for your old history, that depends on what happened prior to you installing SAP GUI. If its a new machine, chances are that history is gone. if you uninstalled a previous version (7.10) try looking for your SapWorkDir folder, depending on how you uninstall it or steps taken afterward, it may be gone. (When we uninstall it here, that information along with folders is removed.)

FYI, 7.20's history can be found here by default.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SAP\SAP GUI\History

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zecher,

I installed SAP GUI first time. Before I installed SAPGUI, IBM Websphare and JAVA related softwares were installed on the system. So, just uninstalled the IBM webspahre related software and installed SAPGUI for my purpose. No window reinstallation being done.

Regards,

Suemsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please verify the following entries: @ Customize Local layout >Options>Locat data - History>

1. Expire time - The value should be greater than 0.

2. Maximum permitted file size - This size must be greater than 0, because otherwise no history is available.

3. Maximum number of entries - Numbers between 1 and 20 are allowed values

Tnx,

Sonai

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Sumesh,

to achieve this you have to enable the SAPGUI history feature. Please try this:

• start a SAPGUI Session

• call the "customize local Layout" dialog (Alt+F12) and then start "options"

• in the "local data" you will find a point called "history"

• enable this point, save your settings and restart SAPGUI

kind regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Already I have tried this option, but still same problem persists.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumesh