cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Analytics Analyzer for BPC 7.5 NW version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to apply/add Extended Analytics Analyzer(as a addon on excel) to our existing BPC environment without xcelsius and I've heard this is possible on the BPC MS 7.5 version.

Is this possible on the BPC 7.5 NW?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192799
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

I think it is possible. You will need the BPC ODBO client.

Cheers

Bruno

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,VaraPrasadraju and Sreenip,

Thanks a lot for your reply now I'm clear that we can do it by installing the ODBO client.

I'll start looking into the process of installing it.

I will get back to you if I have any questions.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For Installing Analyzer add-in you would need to install ODBO client along with the extender analyzer plug in or exe file which you can download from your BO machine and check if you have OLEDB installed.

Last but not the least to see the ANALYZER add-in on your excel sheet install registry files .

Please let me know if you are facing any errors .

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have a question: Do I still have to configure "XMLA Provider" files(datasource.xml)on .NET server If I want to use only Analytics analyzer tool but not the Xcelsius?

Please suggest !!

Thanks

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think you do need that regardless if using Xcelsius or not.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all thanks for suggestions so far.

I installed ODBO and Extended Analytics analyzer 7.5 but the Analyzer tab does not appear in the Excel 2007 Ribbon. I verified the plug-in is active and loaded (Excel-Options), but the analyzer tab still does not appear.

Can anyone\Sanjeev please suggest how to achieve the below:

- Last but not the least to see the ANALYZER add-in on your excel sheet install registry files .

Thanks,

Edited by: dsiemp on Jul 18, 2011 10:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The above error got resolved, I followed note:1413340

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes! You can include this add-on along with BPC in excel.

SAP BusinessObjects Extended Analytics 7.5:contains the Analyzer component that is required for Xcelsius integration or you can just use it as a reporting tool.

For more details please check https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000726399&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

hope it helps...

thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, installing the SAP BusinessObjects Extended Analytics 7.5 would add the 'Analyzer' add-in to your excel menu. And for the EPM connection you need the ODBO client.

Please refer to the standard guides provided by SAP (Analyze & EPM add-in one) for more details about how to install the analyzer and ODBO client etc. I have done it some time back and do not remember very clearly. But the guide would give you all the necessary details.

Thanks,

Sreeni