Former Member
0 Kudos

Background information:

Development computer and software:

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010

Framework .Net 4.0

Operating System: Windows 7- 32 bit

Visual Studio 2010

I have successfully deployed this Windows App on a Windows XP 32 bit system. However, when I deploy on Windows 7 64 bit I get this error when loading the Crystal Report. I have made sure that I installed the Crystal Runtime for 64 bit and that I have installed .NET Framework 4.0. Is there someone that can help me figure this out?

Thank you,

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

If your database is using ODBC to connect to the report, make sure you have a 32 Bit ODBC datasource setup. Crystal is still using 32 Bit ODBC not 64 Bit.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian, thank you for the suggestion. I did read on how to use and setup a 32 bit ODBC on a Windows 7 64 bit system and I did try that but I still get the same error.

Can you tell me what the installation file "SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4" is required for? Is this necessary to put on a client system? (see links below)

SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (32-bit)

SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (64-bit)

I'm hoping to get this problem resolved as we want to push out more 64 bit systems but until we can resolve the Crystal Reports problem we are at a standstill.

Thanks to anyone out there who has run into this problem and is willing to shed some light on this.

Edited by: Havo57 on Jun 29, 2011 8:53 PM

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those install the Crystal engine to work with .NET 4.0. You should be installing them on the client.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the following:

SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 - Click Once (64 Bit)

but I also need to install

SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (64-bit)

Is this correct?

Thank you.

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the client machine you only need to install SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (64-bit).

SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 - Click Once (64 Bit) is the Crystal designer add-on for VS2010. This only needs to be on the development machine.

Thanks,

Brian

Answers (0)