cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is planning profile Group where and how we use it in CRM campaigns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you explain me what is the purpose of planning profile groups in SAP CRM campaigns. Please don't mix the TPM in the explanation. If i want to assign a planning profile to my campaign what are the steps i need to perform in the system.

Do we need to integrate with other systems, if yes why do we need the integration.

Just give me High level information with simple scenario.

Thanks In advance.

Regards,

Patil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planning profile groups basically group together one or more planning profiles according to business requirements.

The planning profiles contain a user-specific selection of planning objects of Business Planning and Simulation (BPS).

You also use it for Basic Key figure Planning since Key figures from your marketing plans and campaigns form the basis of your planning and reporting.

Regarding integration aspects, CRM has to be integrated to BW system in order to achive this functionality.

The technical basis for planning is the planning processor in the SAP Strategic Enterprise Management System (SAP SEM-BPS).

SAP CRM updates the master data for the marketing elements to SAP Business Information Warehouse (SAP BW) automatically when you save. The planning data is edited using SAP CRM planning functions directly in SAP BW by means of SAP SEM-BPS.

For more theoretical details on this SEM-BPS please see this links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/46/03f342add73482e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/c1/a3d738db7ed84be10000000a11405a/content.htm

Practical details:-

For Assigning Planning profiles to Campaign.

sTEP 1) Create Planning profiles in BW system

sTEP 2) Create Planning Profile Groups in CRM (Marketing--> Marketing Planning and Campaign Management -->Key Figure Planning --> Define Planning Profile Groups)

Activities:-

1. Choose New Entries.

2. Enter an ID and a description in the columns PlanProfGrp and Description respectively.

3. You can assign the planning profile group to a specific object category such as a campaign OR marketing plan. If none is specified, the planning profile group will be available for all object categories.

4. Choose Save.

5. Select the entry and choose Assignment of Planning Profiles.

6. Choose New Entries.

7. In the column Profile select a planning profile from the input help.

8. Set the indicator With subordinate projects if required.

9. Select the plan type, for example, cost planning, version and source profile.

10. Repeat these steps to assign further planning profiles to the planning profile group, as required.

11. Choose Save.

Practical Scenario from my Project:- You want to run campaigns and you expect that there will be 50% responses to this campaign for the Target Group of customers who are going to be targeted by this Campaign. But you also want to capture the actual response % over a period of time for this campaign.

For this you need to create a Response Planning profile in the BW system. You define the layout of the Response Planning profile inside BW system. ( eg:- fields "Target Group Size", "Planned Response Count %", "Actual Response count %" etc. )

Once this is created in BW, it will be automatically available in CRM system for picking and choosing to assign to a Planning Profile group.

Then inside CRM system, create a Planning profile group for Campaign and assign the Response Planning profile created above and save.

Now when you create an actual campaign in CRM, then in the assignment block "Planning", you will get option to pick and choose the Planning Profile group. Then inside this Planning profile group, you will see the Response Planning profile is automatically assigned.

Then you need to enter values in this Response Planning profile for the fields "Target Group Size", "Planned Response Count %".

This values once saved will flow to BW system.

Then when the campaing actually runs and over a period of time the responses to the campaign are received in the CRM system, then this Actual Response count % gets updated ( This is not straight forward as you need to setup Campaign execution etc. ) and also flows to BW system for reporting purposes etc.

Hope this helps.

rgrds,

Randhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randhir,

Thank you for the information. It is very helpful to understand the planning profiles. I have allotted points to you. In the similar way, Could you explain the integration of marketing plan with the project systems (ERP). Why do we need integration between the PS and CRM.

What will be maintained in the Project systems.

Thanks,

Patel.

former_member205493
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patel,

PS(ERP) Plays a very imp. role in marketing planning, CRM_PS integration helps to control the budget in CRM marketing planning, it creates connection between planning and execution of campaign activities. CRM_PS integration helps to track the actual from R/3, CRM-PS creates WBS (work Breakdown structure) elements which breaks the entire budget/cost into small parts.

Using planning profile in the marketing planner one can input the planned cost for various activities eg advertisements etc.And in the WBS element we can put in the actual cost which was incurred ( which later can be analysed using BW)

Lets give you a scenario for example

In a mkt planning there is a Zmarket plan under this Zcampaign and under this Zactivites(i.e. TV ads, or News paper ads) created. In campaign level there are some money invested to run the activities under this. The activities have few status like initial status(1st status), executed status and completed status.

When any activity moved to "executed" status the there is a entry for that campaign created in some customized CRM-PS table along with the details of that campaign.

after this the data loaded in BW info cubes during the BW batch jobs and then the CRM-PS programs starts and it tracks the actual budget , profit etc from the R/3, and then it creates WBS element containing the budget cost, actual cost etc.

Following things will be executed after successful WBS element creation in CRM-PS integration

1. Transfer the GL account from R/3

2. Budget cost creation from CRM

3. settlement rule creation from BW

If you want to create a WBS element and want some more details regarding this

check the following link

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Randhir,

I was also wondering for this kind of solution. Thanks for sharing this information.

Actually the problem is, there is a BI Consultant but he does not know these things. Can you help me to complete this assignment?

Regards

Dinesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205493
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patil,

Planning Profile Group is a very important part in marketing campaign, Planning profile groups group together one or more planning profiles according to business requirements. The planning profiles contain a user-specific selection of planning objects of Business Planning and Simulation (BPS).

The specific object category for which we use planning Profile Group are Trade promotion, campaign, marketing plan etc.

We also use planning Profile Group to determines what fields are available in distribution tab (i.e. sales area, products hierarchy etc.) , and the cost layout.

The path in SPRO to configure in CRM 6.0 is Customer Relationship Management -> Marketing -> Marketing Planning and Campaign Management -> Key Figure Planning -> Define Planning Profile Groups

And it is completely integrated with SAP BW / BI . As I mentioned "planning Profile Group" contains "planning objects of Business Planning and Simulation (BPS)", this BPS actually part of SAP BW.

While you create the planning profile groups in SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM), the assigned planning profiles reside in BPS (BW) and are called up from there when you choose the input help for the planning profiles.

Actually the entire planning profile layout in "CRM Marketing Plan" is called from BW and also the possible entries for this field are maintained in Customizing for CRM and are extracted to the BW.

Hope it helps to clear you confusion.

Regards

Rahul07